Board index PBase Questions and Answers Moving an existing gallery into another gallery

Questions and Answers

Moving an existing gallery into another gallery

Ask if you need help using PBase.
kvogelphoto

Moving an existing gallery into another gallery

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:01 am

I recently started with PBase and I'm getting used to control you can have. There is one thing I haven't figured out yet. As I design my galleries I basically decide on a hierarchical structure where to put things. Right now I currently have a Gallery A with 3 pictures as part of Gallery 1. I now want to make new Gallery x in Gallery 1 and place my current Gallery A into X without having to delete all the photos and recreate Gallery A within X. Is there a way to do this? It is essentially moving an existing into another gallery as we would move folders/files on the computer.

mardoli

Re: Moving an existing gallery into another gallery

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:51 am

Hello and welcome to PBase!
If I have well understood, what you wish to do is quite possible. So, first of all create your new Gallery X in Gallery 1, then when you are in Gallery 1 go to edit mode. You'll see that your Gallery 1 contains your Gallery A and the new Gallery X. Now select your Gallery A by checking the square by it and scroll down. You'll find a section called

Move Selected Items to Another Gallery

and you can have a menu with all the names of your existing galleries
choose the name of your Gallery X and validate by clicking the button

Add to gallery.

It's done.
I hope it could help and forgive my bad English
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

fishit

Re: Moving an existing gallery into another gallery

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:53 am

mardoli wrote:Hello and welcome to PBase!
If I have well understood, what you wish to do is quite possible. So, first of all create your new Gallery X in Gallery 1, then when you are in Gallery 1 go to edit mode. You'll see that your Gallery 1 contains your Gallery A and the new Gallery X. Now select your Gallery A by checking the square by it and scroll down. You'll find a section called

Move Selected Items to Another Gallery

and you can have a menu with all the names of your existing galleries
choose the name of your Gallery X and validate by clicking the button

Add to gallery.

It's done.
I hope it could help and forgive my bad English
Best
Marisa

Marisa you explained it well, but just wanted to add you can copy all the photos and have some in both locations.
Once all is set just delete the gallery you do not want.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Moving an existing gallery into another gallery