Board index PBase Questions and Answers Slow opening of galleries.

Questions and Answers

Slow opening of galleries.

Ask if you need help using PBase.
john1946

Slow opening of galleries.

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:12 pm

For about 2-3 weeks I have been suffering having to wait anything up to 30 seconds for a gallery to open, getting to my home page is fine, just getting the gallery to open is boring.
Cameras: Panasonic's FZ100 & TZ3, Canon 60D & Canon 400D

My photos: http://www.pbase.com/john1946

john1946

Re: Slow opening of galleries.

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:07 pm

The situation is still the same, my galleries take ages to open. As there have been no replies to my original post I guess it's not a widespread problem.

dw_thomas

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Not sure what to say. I'm in the northeastern US (Pennsylvania) on a Verizon 10 Mb fiberoptic connection. I tried a bunch of your galleries and got load times from 1 to 5 seconds. Perhaps there is some problem related to your location or provider?

You have some nice photos there.

DaveT

tomsmithvaniz

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:40 pm

Well, this is the first time, but I've never seen it so slow ! If this becomes a regular occurrence I will have no choice but to drop PBASE ! ! !

mikelong

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm at 4500' in a valley surrounded by large (12,000') peaks in the southern French Alps. The site works very fast, maybe 3-5 seconds to open a gallery

parpho

Post Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:16 pm

tomsmithvaniz wrote:Well, this is the first time, but I've never seen it so slow ! If this becomes a regular occurrence I will have no choice but to drop PBASE ! ! !

Just had a look at your fine galleries. They could not possibly open any faster, one click and I and instantly looking at your super work.
Michael in Kingston, Ontario, Canada

john1946

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:46 pm

It's still taking an age to open some of my galleries... between 15 & 30 seconds usually. It never used to be like this, I can't understand it. Some galleries open much quicker than others.

parpho

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:04 am

john1946 wrote:It's still taking an age to open some of my galleries... between 15 & 30 seconds usually. It never used to be like this, I can't understand it. Some galleries open much quicker than others.

I just opened and closed all of your galleries. It took 6 minutes 14.53 seconds. Strangely enough the galleries with many images took much longer to open than the galleries with few images. Maybe breaking up the bigger galleries would help.
Best of luck,
Michael

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Slow opening of galleries.