Board index PBase Questions and Answers individual gallery size

Questions and Answers

individual gallery size

Ask if you need help using PBase.
nupbase

individual gallery size

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Is there any way to get a breakdown of disk space usage?

I am surprised at how much space I am using.

I reduced the size of the images in a few large galleries (using "Delete Originals"), but did not see any
noticeable reduction in total space used.

Thanks,

robinlew

Re: individual gallery size

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:15 am

Barry,
You don't need to delete. You need to make your images smaller. Format your pictures
to the recommended pBase size (800X600) before uploading. You'll notice a big difference in space.
Most of your recent pictures are huge.
Robin

dw_thomas

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Robin makes a good point. With a handful of exceptions, my images are sized to a max of 800 wide or 640 high. I also set a low/medium quality (moderately high compression) for my uploaded JPEGs which I believe is adequate for web viewing. I currently "have 519 galleries and 13460 images online. [...] photos are using 1273 Megabytes of storage space. [...] On average, your photos use 96 KB each."

Now if you are using PBase to transfer files to friends suitable for large prints, then you need to go higher resolution, and yes, they will consume more space. That's the trade-off.

DaveT

enjayel

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Barry...
if you want to get a quick idea of how large your images are, you can use the editor (original or the new 'drag-n-drop').
Edit a gallery of interest and select "view more details"(original) or "detailed view" (drag-n-drop). The file sizes and image dimensions will be displayed.
Both will allow you to batch 'delete originals'.
nancy

Board index PBase Questions and Answers individual gallery size