Board index PBase Questions and Answers No Canon 70D

Questions and Answers

No Canon 70D

Ask if you need help using PBase.
digitalgee

No Canon 70D

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 am

I just returned to PBase after a two year absence. I left when the problems with slow uploading, slow commenting, and poor customer service (actually, no customer service) occurred. I'm hoping it's been improved because I always loved the site, even if it is rather primitive by today's standards.

Anyway, uploaded my first picture today, and I can't list the camera I used - the Canon 70D, which has been available for several months. When will this camera be listed in the master list?

dw_thomas

Re: No Canon 70D

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:27 am

The camera database does appear to be the poor stepchild of this operation, but in theory, one sends a request to cameras@PBase.com.

Under: Help Topics

How do I add cameras or lenses to the database?

If the camera database at http://www.pbase.com/cameras is missing something, please send an email to cameras@pbase.com and we'll add it as soon as we can.

If you have photos of the actual cameras you would like to contribute, we'd love to have them.
You could either email them as attachments to cameras@pbase.com or if you already have them on PBase, let us know which gallery they are in.

If you want your photos to show up as samples taken with a camera or lens, just set the camera or lens type by editing the image. Then the next time the camera sample database updates, your photos should be listed.

Eventually we hope to make the camera database more easily editable by anyone. So that you can add information about or photos of the cameras yourself.

Personal experience is that it can take more than one email. As best I can tell there is no automated way they can pick up new camera models.

DaveT

digitalgee

Re: No Canon 70D

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:49 am

I sent an email and it was fixed right away. Yay! :D

Board index PBase Questions and Answers No Canon 70D