Board index PBase Questions and Answers How to set different gallery representative photos

Questions and Answers

How to set different gallery representative photos

Ask if you need help using PBase.
hoppyman

How to set different gallery representative photos

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:26 pm

I currently use the drag and drop editing tool and the set representative option by selecting one gallery thumbnail. I have noticed that some users have a representative thumbnail for an image that is not in the gallery.
Can anyone please explain how this is done?

parpho

Re: How to set different gallery representative photos

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:22 am

Highlight the image you want to use and then click on the R on the tool bar. I had to have someone point that out to me. Which makes me wonder how many other bodies do not know.
Cheers,
Michael

hoppyman

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 am

Thank you Michael. That is the method that I am using too. What I would like to find out is how some members make a photo that is not visible in the gallery the representative for that gallery.

dw_thomas

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 pm

hoppyman wrote:Thank you Michael. That is the method that I am using too. What I would like to find out is how some members make a photo that is not visible in the gallery the representative for that gallery.

Seems rather odd that could even be possible, but I wonder if the individual image could be marked as not visible to the public, but selected as representative? I would think any image used would have to be in that gallery, but maybe it can be invisible to the public for direct viewing.

(Which begs the question -- why? :shock: )

dw_thomas

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:05 am

Ha! I just tried the scenario I speculated on above and it worked. On a representative image in the middle of a gallery, using 'Edit image', I cleared the check box for "This image can be viewed by anyone." I then logged out and I still see the representative image in the thumbnail for the gallery, but in the gallery itself the image does not show.

Other than to confuse folks I can't think offhand of a reason I would want to do that.
Last edited by dw_thomas on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reticulatus

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:37 am

I think that could be quite useful where you have a hierarchy of galleries and you want a special picture for the top level gallery that doesn't appear in the gallery itself or any of the sub-galleries.

Thanks for the tip!

hoppyman

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Thank you for the responses folks.
I am trying to sort out the best way to have a gallery show up always in the popular galleries etc when I add new content (sometimes NSFW in SUB-Galleries)

But separately from that I sometimes look at a gallery because of the representative shown (which is what they are for of course) but the actual shot is not in there.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers How to set different gallery representative photos