Board index PBase Questions and Answers Request for assistance on NSFW flagging

Questions and Answers

Request for assistance on NSFW flagging

Ask if you need help using PBase.
hoppyman

Request for assistance on NSFW flagging

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:59 am

Hello. I recently was told that one gallery of mine had been flagged NSFW since it was brought to PBase's attention by someone.
With some corresponding I think that I have complied by separating the lingerie images into a sub gallery, which I THINK means that the parent is then not restricted.
I am not trying to start a new discussion on censorship or how this system is implemented, just to understand how to avoid having my galleries restricted again by some anonymous' bringing to attention' and if that happens how will I know.
I accept that I must abide by whatever PBase rules.

I would appreciate it if anyone can describe exactly what steps you have taken to make this work.

Do you need to include the phrase NSFW in the gallery name?
When I did that the immediate result was an overnight tenfold increase in the number of views of that gallery.
Have you avoided basically anything at all in the representative thumbnail that someone could choose to take offence to?
If a sub-gallery is labelled NSFW is the parent gallery affected (restricted for popular galleries for example, by that)?
Am I able to view for myself whether a gallery has had an NSFW 'flag' added or does this just refer to that actual phrase in the text/description?
I would much prefer to not have to resort to a password. I leave everything visible to anyone that cares to look and in my experience people who do look at a nude or lingerie etc might then go on to look at other work I have there. This is all just for sharing and learning for me, anyway.

Any practical assistance with this would be much appreciated.

hoppyman

Re: Request for assistance on NSFW flagging

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:56 pm

No one responded on this here.
I have had a new message from PBase support which may be of interest to others.
PBase may flag some galleries as NSFW and those will not appear if you have that option turned off in your personal settings.
There is no means for members to identify if a gallery has been flagged by PBase as NSFW. If it is your own gallery you may ask or you may be notified. Galleries where you choose to include NSFW in the title are not subject to further flagging. That is what I do to avoid further instances where an anonymous complaint causes that flagging. That mechanism seems to be quite arbitrary and unevenly applied. I am still periodically seeing galleries posted which contain actual sex acts and XXX content which don't appear to be affected.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Request for assistance on NSFW flagging