Board index PBase Questions and Answers PB-Image button not working nor img src

Questions and Answers

PB-Image button not working nor img src

Ask if you need help using PBase.
cits_4_pets

PB-Image button not working nor img src

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Tried to use PB-Image button and it worked for a couple of my images but not another one. Tried html and no image would show up.
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/image/117845434

Code: Select all
[PB-Image]http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/image/117845434/medium[/PB-Image]
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

karenmickleson

Re: PB-Image button not working nor img src

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Not just you, Flo. Most all the S&T entries show either code or nothing.

I wonder what, if anything, those whose pics did show up, did differently from the others.

Emily, are you guys working on this? It's been going on for some time intermittently, but is nearly total now.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Hey Guys,

This is strange. I'll look into it and see what I can find.

Thanks,
Emily

cits_4_pets

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:30 am

Really weird, as now images that were showing up normally are now not showing up!

karenmickleson wrote:Not just you, Flo. Most all the S&T entries show either code or nothing.

I wonder what, if anything, those whose pics did show up, did differently from the others.

Emily, are you guys working on this? It's been going on for some time intermittently, but is nearly total now.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

1designguy

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:11 pm

I noticed this in the forum yesterday. Seems to be consistent with the posts in the Weekly Informal Challenge: "New". I have not tried it today but the one I posted yesterday had it both ways (PB-Image and just the URL) and I still see no linked thumbnail.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi Guys,

The PB-Image button should be working nicely now. A handful of images are not showing up because of an unrelated direct linking issue, which I am off to work on now.

Thanks,
Emily

1designguy

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Thanks Emily!

1designguy

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:24 pm

One note: While the PB-Image is once again showing the pictures in the forum, now a new issue has come up. It appears that some of them still open in a new tab when selected while others have suddenly started opening in the existing tab. I am using Firefox 25.0.1 BTW.

1designguy

Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm still getting this problem... When I click on the linked (PB-Image) thumbnails in the forum most of them now open in that same tab/window while some open in a new tab (as they used to do before this PB-Image problem and fix). It is quite confusing when trying to comment on challenges. I have always opened a page full of tabs and commented on each before closing the tab.

Several times I have had a couple of "new tabs" open before it eventually opens one in the same tab that has the forum page on it. Hence the problem that I will often end up closing all these tabs out of habit. Is anyone else having this problem?

ALSO NOTE: The posts that used PB-Image prior to the issue being resolved still do not show in the forum pages. For an example see the PAD Forum and specifically the SP Friday. I just went and used edit > submit on the Duck Dynasty Me entry and only now does it show up.

I am using Firefox v 25.0.1

Board index PBase Questions and Answers PB-Image button not working nor img src