Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can't upload photos in these two days

Questions and Answers

Can't upload photos in these two days

Ask if you need help using PBase.
musclelee

Can't upload photos in these two days

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:58 pm

There seems to be some problem with pbase these days; I have been trying to upload photos but it keeps taking me to the "time out" page. It shouldn't be my connection problem coz I can't even upload individual photos and my connection to pbase is quite fast (no problem in loading the pages).

Is anyone having the same problem? I am a paid user btw.

srijith

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:57 pm

Is it still happening? In between there were some people who coud not see their images properly (but never a problem in upload). It seems to have sorted magically (aside: great job slug)

musclelee

Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:31 pm

err... I just tried to use dial up connection instead of my broadband connection (same ISP) to upload the photos... and it's done :)

I found out now that I can't upload photos and can't change photos captions using my broadband connection. However, all things work normally if i switch to dial up connection, just that the speed is much slower.

Is it a problem with my ISP? Could anyone explain why there is such a problem?? I am so confused...

srijith

Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:25 pm

Well, upload takes some time. A bit more than viewing the original image in a browser. So most probably what could have happened is that your connection was lost. Furthermore, a lot of ISP have different bandiwth for upload and download links.

wingspar

Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:28 pm

I am a paying Pbase supporter. Last night I uploaded a couple of photos, and posted one in a forum. Seconds after I uploaded it, the photo disappeared, replaced by “This image has been copyrighted by the owner”. I re-linked it, and one person commented on the photo, but others can not see it. They see a broken red X. I see it fine in the forum, even after deleting my cache, and turning the computer off. Why is this happening?

srijith

Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:47 pm

wingspar wrote:They see a broken red X. I see it fine in the forum, even after deleting my cache, and turning the computer off. Why is this happening?

Did you link to an original size photo? If so, maybe it is due to the ZoneAlarm firewall incompatability that has been raised a couple of times on the forum. ANy idea whether they are using ZoneAlarm?

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can't upload photos in these two days