Board index PBase Questions and Answers Are there still people working at Pbase?

Questions and Answers

Are there still people working at Pbase?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
tvw

Are there still people working at Pbase?

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm really wondering if there's anybody at the steering wheel at Pbase.
I've asked questions through the Help system (generating tickets) but I don't get any replies (just that my ticket has been logged with a certain ticketnumber).
No replies on the forum as well.

Where is everybody? What happens to the money I just gave to Pbase for renewing my account?
I'm aware that Pbase is no FlickR (thank god), 500px, Smugmug or Zenfolio but it seems Pbase is considered to be dead.

Please answer my questions Pbase!

1designguy

Re: Are there still people working at Pbase?

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Hummm... Feb 5 and no reply. I guess they at least do not check Q&A forum. Sad.

tvw

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:26 pm

It's sad indeed! If Pbase is dead indeed, please inform us as paying customers.

1designguy

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Well. Emily was here at least long enough to post a phone picture back in mid January (granted the picture was from August)...

I have not had any replies to my emails (other than the automated one) about my issue I've been trying to resolve for the past three and a half months.

tvw

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Don't you think that it's almost idiotic that we don't get any replies on our (logged) questions?
Yeah I know Emily is still out there. I got a reply from her (after not getting any replies through the official ways) after I contacted her through her personal Pbase page. Though it did not answer my complete question, now waiting for her to reply.

Still the case remains the same. No feedback from Pbase. Not via the help system (which generates the tickets) and not through the forum...

1designguy

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:12 pm

It is predictably unpredictable. I did see Emily jumped into the forum and answered questions about concerns about geotagging. With my issue (first reported on 9 Nov 2012) I got the Level 1 automated reply and then on 13 Nov. got a reply from Jehan...

We have changed settings so that the images by this user will not appear
in the public PBase pages. It may take a couple of days for the system to
update. If they continue to appear in a week, please let me know and I
will ask our administrator to fix the issue. Thank you for bringing this
to our attention.

...I then waited 10 days instead of the couple he estimated without the issue being resolved before emailing back about this issue on 26 November 2012. I got this reply from Jehan on the same day...

Hello, I will take a look into it. Thank you for alerting us.

I waited again until 9 December 2012 to email again with example pictures attached with no reply at all (automated or other). On 29 December 2012 I emailed that the issue had not been resolved with examples again without any reply yet again. It's more than disheartening. I guess we are to assume that they are there but we should just be patient :evil:

kstuebin

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:23 pm

WAITING FOR PBASE..WAITING FOR PBASE..WAITING FOR PBASE..ERROR 505 SERVICE UNAVAILABLE.

Did Pbase give up working for Lent? :)

kstuebin

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Ok, I've just spent 20 minutes commenting on three photos. We seem to be past the..waiting for Pbase..and stuck at...posting comment..posting comment...posting comment.

I have no idea what it takes to run a site like this but I would bet spending money would help. New servers. Hire programmers. Customer service support.

Just killing time here until whatever is going on passes.

tvw

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:34 am

Just send another message to Emily through her personal Pbase page. Hopefully she will reply this time.
Not sure who else we can contact.

My question is concerning this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47006
I got a reply from Emily that they are working on getting the "new" mail system back up. So I send her a reply; what does that mean?
Does it mean the system will be up and running in a day, a week, a month, a year or even longer? It shouldn't be that difficult to answer these questions!

amoxtli

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:09 pm

I've gotten the message below and the one Karen posted about ten times today:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, you@example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

tvw

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:58 pm

That's not a good thing Amoxtli!
Hopefully this issue will be resolved quickly.

I've also send a message directly to Slug (have done this to Emily before). Hopefully I will get some answers. This is all taking far to much time.

amoxtli

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Another day with more error messages. I wonder how many potential viewers and clients this is turning away from my PBase Site:

"Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 1347061688

Varnish cache server"

and

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@exaflop.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

1designguy

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:35 pm

I too have gotten lots of these messages today. I've only had Pbase pulled up for a couple of hours but have gotten these about every fourth or fifth action. I also tested Pbase on "Down for Everyone or Just Me" and got that it was DOWN after one of these messages. It did come back on line pretty quickly.

Add to that...

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@exaflop.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

...just now as I attempted to view my recently uploaded image. I think I'll check out for the weekend and see if they iron things out :cry:

kstuebin

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:56 pm

1designguy wrote:I too have gotten lots of these messages today. I've only had Pbase pulled up for a couple of hours but have gotten these about every fourth or fifth action. I also tested Pbase on "Down for Everyone or Just Me" and got that it was DOWN after one of these messages. It did come back on line pretty quickly.

Add to that...

Internal Server Error

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

...just now as I attempted to view my recently uploaded image. I think I'll check out for the weekend and see if they iron things out :cry:

It's been a lot worse than this. It used to just crash and disappear. I checked out for an entire year once. Kept my membership though for when they straightened it out. Whatever that means here. :) Hey, it's Pbase. You can't get friends on other sites like you have here. I feel sorry for new people though. I'm sure they're completely baffled by the dysfunctions and lack or communication or updates.

ellisonphotography

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:28 am

I've been encountering the same problems in the last week or so.

Error 500, Error 503 and

"PBase will be right back

The database server is rebooting and will be back in about 10 minutes.

OK

Please contact the server administrator, you@example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

If this is the case the server is rebooting abot 10 times a day...

It's getting pretty annoying.
Last edited by ellisonphotography on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Are there still people working at Pbase?