Board index PBase Questions and Answers It's the Little Things

Questions and Answers

It's the Little Things

Ask if you need help using PBase.
kstuebin

It's the Little Things

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:56 am

I'm really glad to see Pbase is updating a lot of the site to become more modern. I can live without social networking but I know it is important to a lot of people. I usually can't find the new edit page but I understand it's an improvement in most areas.

However, there are some things that SHOULD work that are now not working or have never really worked. I am starting a list of what I have noticed and please add to it so these things might get looked at too. They are important site functions for networking between members here and even useful for people who are not members to browse Pbase.

All code should be compatible with all browsers. That's just basic. However, for the record, I use Firefox 15.0.1.

1. Search engine. Totally useless.
2. Commenting. Still intermittent problems resulting in the same comment multiple times.
3. Voting. "Voting has expired - please try again." Why? What does this even mean?
4. Updating popular photos and galleries. Working now assuming the actual period is one week. Not always updated though.
5. Problems with exif data.

These are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a lot more.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: It's the Little Things

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:52 pm

1. Search engine. Yes, we know it needs to be completely redone. We are researching the best solution for us. When we have something for you to check out, we will definitely let you know.
2. Commenting - I think we've worked out all the bugs in the new system, and hopefully everyone is enjoying the improvements.
3. Voting - We cranked up the timeout on voting so you should not get this unless you wait a really really long time between loading the page and voting for it. We have to have the timeout to prevent voting abuse (I don't want to go into more details and give anybody ideas).
4. Popular photos and galleries get updated at the change of each day. There was a little bug that messed up the updates for a few days until we noticed it, but now we have more checks in place to make sure it gets updated daily.
5. The exif data issue with the old uploader is being investigated. We do encourage everyone to switch to the new editor - http://beta.pbase.com/edit - because it has vast back-end improvements.

I hope this helps clear some things up and that you have seen improvements with the little things we've been working on.

Thanks,
Emily

kstuebin

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks Emily! Yes, everything has been working for a couple days now so I knew you were on it. :)

tomleroy

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:37 am

It appears the "little bug" is back, the popular galleries and PHOTOS are not updating at all!!

mardoli

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:23 pm

tomleroy wrote:It appears the "little bug" is back, the popular galleries and PHOTOS are not updating at all!!

It's fixed now!
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

Board index PBase Questions and Answers It's the Little Things