Board index PBase Questions and Answers "oops you were logged off while you were tying"

Questions and Answers

"oops you were logged off while you were tying"

Ask if you need help using PBase.
prinothcat

"oops you were logged off while you were tying"

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:22 pm

What's the rational behind this? Having to hit submit twice is kind of annoying..... Preview has been doing it too,

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Re: "oops you were logged off while you were tying"

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:55 pm

I've been trying to get rid of that - no luck yet. What's happening is that your session is getting flushed from the table while you're on the reply page. I've got the board set to not keep you logged in very long because if you sign out of the PBase main site, I don't want you to still be logged in here. There are two sessions going on here. One is on PBase, the other is on the forum. If you're not logged in on the forum, it checks the PBase session and if you're logged in at PBase, it logs you in on the forum. If you are logged in at the forum, it won't check the PBase session to see if you're logged out there - it'll just have you logged in here. The only practical danger is that someone on a public computer could log in to PBase, visit the forum, log out of PBase, and leave the computer then someone else comes to the computer, goes to the PBase forum, and posts under the name of the first person. That danger is a little more extreme if the person is a moderator or something, but it's still pretty unlikely. The real reason I have it the way I do is because I want it to simulate the PBase session as closely as possible. I can increase the length of the session time and that should decrease the likelihood that you'll see that message.

prinothcat

Re: "oops you were logged off while you were tying"

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:43 pm

hmm Ok I never log out of either site.. I figured out that they were hosted as separate entities, just never figured one watched the other.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers "oops you were logged off while you were tying"