Board index PBase Questions and Answers Complaint

Questions and Answers

Complaint

Ask if you need help using PBase.
erikilund

Complaint

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:27 pm

Dear All,

I am a new PBase supporter, since a little bit more than a month. I have uploaded several galleries here:

http://www.pbase.com/erikilund

However, when I use the "Search" option to search for my name, the names of my galleries (e. g. "Namibia 2007") there are no hits, even though these galleries for sure exist in PBase!!! This is very disappointing for me, especially since I have paid for this service.

Even more disappointing, I have mailed for support several times but I do not get any answers or advice how I should do this. Can anybody be kind and help me with this? I would be most grateful.

If this problem cannot be solved, I will probably not renew my payment in 11 months when it expires.

Best/Erik

akmc_in_au

Re: Complaint

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:57 pm

erikilund wrote:Dear All,

I am a new PBase supporter, since a little bit more than a month. I have uploaded several galleries here:

http://www.pbase.com/erikilund

However, when I use the "Search" option to search for my name, the names of my galleries (e. g. "Namibia 2007") there are no hits, even though these galleries for sure exist in PBase!!!

I'm not sure what you're entering in the search box, but when I searched by entering Namibia 2007 (no quotes) your gallery was one of the ones on the first page returned. I count 4 galleries using that exact title.

If the search is returning NOTHING (not your galleries or anyone else's), it just means that the search engine is temporarily broken. That happens from time to time; it's one of the flakier search engines out there.

Searching for your name is another matter; the search engine doesn't support artist name searches.

erikilund wrote:This is very disappointing for me, especially since I have paid for this service.

Even more disappointing, I have mailed for support several times but I do not get any answers or advice how I should do this. Can anybody be kind and help me with this? I would be most grateful.

Not an uncommon gripe, I'm afraid, though it depends on which address you e-mailed to or how you did so. (That is, directly or via the Help support page.) I can't say that it's one that I've experienced; I had some weirdness on Friday where the pBase home page was welcoming me as a different user and the Profile Page link directed me to her page rather than mine (though not logged in as her, thankfully). I dropped a note to support about it and got a reply the next day. (It was a "take two asprin and call me if pain persists" reply, but it WAS a reply.) I therefore can't say that I've personally found support unresponsive, but I know some who have; I think that the method of contact may be a factor in that.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Complaint