* Friendster
* Yahoo Image Search
* Ask Image Search
* Live Image Search
* AOL Image Search

jkrnm5

Re: Piclens from Cooliris.com

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:35 am

The previous post (26 Jul 2008 08:48 am ) should be deleted (or edited) to keep the author from looking ill informed in this thread. I'm curious to know a current link to where the PLCI works correctly to make a determination if this is a service worth the continued effort of pbase to integrate with. Seems like a lot of fluff where resources might be misdirected.

waggonerphotos

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:03 am

Pic Lens may or may not be a visual enhancement to the viewing of our galleries however I believe we should have the option. Having said that, I believe the choice to either turn the function on or off
should reside with the individual Artist and that choice should extend to each gallery. Notwithstanding
that, I feel that the internal improvements to the site should come before the inclusion of 3rd party programs!
Bob Waggoner
Photographs comprise the communal memory of our times. (Unknown)

djwixx

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:17 pm

waggonerphotos wrote:Pic Lens may or may not be a visual enhancement to the viewing of our galleries however I believe we should have the option. Having said that, I believe the choice to either turn the function on or off
should reside with the individual Artist and that choice should extend to each gallery. Notwithstanding
that, I feel that the internal improvements to the site should come before the inclusion of 3rd party programs!

The option to have it as a function the artist turns on has already been decided, hence it's in your profile to use or not............. when/if it gets implemented.

shawnkraus

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Is Pbase still looking to implement the Cooliris software?

junglegeorge

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:32 am

What is the status of Cooliris for pbase
Jungle George

dhnieman

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:33 pm

You guys are still on this question. You have hardly progressed in months. This same question was asked months ago by PBase. Seems to me you're using it as an excuse to move forward. Get with it and implement CoolIris...
Regards,

Don

orio

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:42 am

dhnieman wrote:You guys are still on this question. You have hardly progressed in months. This same question was asked months ago by PBase. Seems to me you're using it as an excuse to move forward. Get with it and implement CoolIris...

I'll second that!

boedi

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:45 am

orio wrote:
dhnieman wrote:You guys are still on this question. You have hardly progressed in months. This same question was asked months ago by PBase. Seems to me you're using it as an excuse to move forward. Get with it and implement CoolIris...

I'll second that!

I don't see any progress on this for many months. One of the Pbase support / engineer replied (months ago) that they don't have any timeline for implementing CoolIris.

Well - I just paid another $23 - probably for the last time (started with Pbase since 2002). This site is not going anywhere and expensive (compare to picassa web : Free up to 1GB and $20 for up to 10 GB).

Btw for those of you who is looking for a way to backup you Pbase galleries. You may want try PBgrab @ http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/tools

Once backup - it'll be much easier to decide where to move :)

Cheers,
Boedi

bobt54

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:20 pm

I have given up on Pbase ever getting this done. They (Pbase) create an interface to "enable" it on our site with no mention that it's not implemented yet. This is just plain stupid.

I have solved the problem myself by replicating those pictures I wanted to see on Piclens to Picassa and Flickr. It works great on both of those sites. Also, if Google has crawled your Pbase pages enough, you should be able to see many of your pics thru a Google image search.

As far as using PBgrab, I would say that your original images should already be backed up (in several places) and that Pbase really isn't the place for keeping and displaying original sized work unless you are not concerned with people downloading and printing your photographs or your galleries are private or password protected IMHO.

orio

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:57 am

boedi wrote:Well - I just paid another $23 - probably for the last time (started with Pbase since 2002). This site is not going anywhere and expensive (compare to picassa web : Free up to 1GB and $20 for up to 10 GB).

I have started thinking about leaving PBase as well. Features just do not compare to what's out there for free and the site development is painfully slow.

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Piclens from Cooliris.com