Board index PBase Questions and Answers Piclens from Cooliris.com

Questions and Answers

Piclens from Cooliris.com

Ask if you need help using PBase.
djwixx

Re: Piclens from Cooliris.com

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:19 pm

To save expanding this topic with another quote, this is in response to nooutlet responding to me.

Sorry, I understand you now. Yep, I would suggest the piclens view should just be for the gallery contents itself and not the sub galleries. If you choose to go to those galleries, piclens would then just show the contents of that gallery and so on.

Basically the viewer should have options, but the gallery owner should still have options to direct viewers accordingly.

Hopefully I'm making sense :oops:

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Alright, then another question.
Having PicLens enabled could indeed make your PBase monitored statistics suffer. Is it more important that viewers see the art as it was intended or is it perhaps better to display a smaller image in the hopes that the viewer will go to the actual image page to see the full quality shot which will also get you a view on that image? If you choose the latter, medium or large?

djwixx

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:47 pm

nooutlet wrote:Alright, then another question.
Having PicLens enabled could indeed make your PBase monitored statistics suffer. Is it more important that viewers see the art as it was intended or is it perhaps better to display a smaller image in the hopes that the viewer will go to the actual image page to see the full quality shot which will also get you a view on that image? If you choose the latter, medium or large?

Personally, almost everything I post is 800 on the largest size so it's not an issue either way for me. I suspect for many a medium option, with an image click getting you to the 'original' would be a good way to go.

zevs

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:42 am

djwixx wrote:
Personally, almost everything I post is 800 on the largest size so it's not an issue either way for me. I suspect for many a medium option, with an image click getting you to the 'original' would be a good way to go.

Agreed. sounds good!

Zevs

arjunrc

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:07 pm

nooutlet wrote:Alright, then another question.
Having PicLens enabled could indeed make your PBase monitored statistics suffer.

I agree, that's a bummer (for those who are stats-geeks atleast).

I had asked them this question earlier and they replied there was no solution around it, at least currently.

Hello Arjun:

That is correct. PicLens caches images into your CPU memory. At this time, we don't have any APIs to pingback, but it is something under consideration. We understand that webmasters would like to keep stats on which images have been viewed.

Kind regards,
Alec & The PicLens Team

Hello, I was reviewing your documents on how to integrate piclens on site.
It seems to me, that if I use piclens to view my photo galleries, then it will mess up image hit statistics maintained on the site, since it looks like you cache images in the background based on media RSS received. So my stat counter has no way of knowing whether the viewer actually viewed the image or not.

Do you provide any 'pingback' api, that lets the server know that a particular image was actually displayed to the user in piclens ?
--
I don't check forums very often these days, so if you need to get a response from me, please send me an email (see my profile) and NOT a PM.

alexis

Post Fri May 09, 2008 12:47 pm

Is ANYTHING happening with PicLens or should I be looking elsewhere?
Alexis

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Fri May 09, 2008 2:15 pm

Yeah, I've been working on getting PicLens to not only work with an individuals galleries, but also to work in recent galleries. Also, I've been making it work with subgalleries so that if you click the play button on the subgallery thumbnail, it opens up that subgallerys pictures.

Here's where I updated about having worked on PicLens recently.

alexis

Post Fri May 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Thanx for the update.
Any "go-live" dates?

regards
alexis

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Fri May 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Umm, no. I think I've learned my lesson on that one. Besides, I'm working on several things at once right now(EXIF and printing) and can't really say how much time will be devoted to PicLens.

alexis

Post Fri May 09, 2008 4:27 pm

:cry:

luc_vn

Post Wed May 14, 2008 4:22 pm

Hello,

Just to say that I am happy that this item is still alive and kicking...

I look forward to this implementation!

Kind Regards,

Luc VN

ort_motzkin

Post Fri May 23, 2008 1:12 am

Yeeeeeees I would lobe to be able to use PicLens with pbase

Thanx

alexis

Post Tue May 27, 2008 10:43 pm

Any news or updates on this?

alexis
http://www.pbase.com/alexis

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Wed May 28, 2008 4:29 am

Alright, sure. I've been working every other work day to get the various galleries to work. That is, popular photos, popular galleries, recent, etc in addition to normal galleries. Also, because of a semi-recent update, the way we want to use PicLens changed. Now that the icon on the browser toolbar lights up when a compatible RSS feed is found, we don't have to load images before you enter PicLens mode. That allows us to cut down on the cost of adding PicLens abilities.

NoOutlet

alexis

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:06 am

Any news or updates on Piclens?

regards
alexis

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Piclens from Cooliris.com