Board index PBase Questions and Answers Anyone else find PBase slooow these days?

Questions and Answers

Anyone else find PBase slooow these days?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
suzannefossey

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:53 pm

yes, i've noticed! I've waited over an hour tonight to upload 49 (zipped) images from a folder, to no avail...this is the fifth night i've tried to do it, and each time got the same result - does anyone have a solution? I'm getting desperate!

s

richiehatch

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:28 pm

Yeah its crazy SLOW the last couple of days... cant get stats and cant upload an zipped archive of 10 images... whats going on....?

Richie :x :x :x

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:33 pm

Sorry about this. The slowness you are all experiencing will hopefully be resolved tomorrow when Slug can do maintenance on the server. It was terrible timing, to be honest.

Outlet

gusitar

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:35 pm

At least, - - - - - the forum works :roll: Galleries are insanely slow! :shock:

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:42 pm

gusitar wrote:At least, - - - - - the forum works :roll: Galleries are insanely slow! :shock:

Are you finding all galleries to be slow? The few galleries I've tested have run normally.

Outlet

andrys

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:25 am

nooutlet wrote:
gusitar wrote:At least, - - - - - the forum works :roll: Galleries are insanely slow! :shock:

Are you finding all galleries to be slow? The few galleries I've tested have run normally.

Outlet

nooutlet,
Nice to see you responding to people. That does help.

The galleries have been quite slow for a few days. In Northern
California, at least. I don't know if it's their ISP's routing probs
or what.

Normally PBase is pretty fast considering how much we put on our
pages, so it's noticeable when it isn't.

busch

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:52 am

Looks good this morning! Thanks!

pdbolton

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:31 am

It's 5:30PM Japan time (29 Aug). Stats finally came up after 2 days. Galleries came up fine also. Don't know about uploading though. Thanks for all the hard work.

gto49

slow loading pages of any sort

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi...I was going to post the question, but see it's been addressed already in this thread. Today is Sept. 3, and I'm finding loading of galleries, PAD galleries, my own galleries, and forum topics all to load very slow...to the point where I've shut down the browser only to restart it again in the hopes that it would speed things up again. But no, it doesn't help.
Ron from Canada (gto49) :roll:

bruce46

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:20 am

I don't know what's wrong but it seems I don't encounter the problems mentioned here. And I am from Southeast Asia.

valeriecook

slow still?

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:23 pm

I am a new user - thinking maybe I shouldn't have bought space after all. I can't get more than one image uploaded with my fast connection. I have had an upload going for more than an hour and can't tell if it has made any progress at all.
I use Mozilla Firefox and thought maybe that was the culprit - but tried again with IE and am getting the same thing.
Any help???

gaocus

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:25 am

Yes, tremendously slow. Just loading my thumbnails seems to take forever compared to the recent past.

Gene

healthiest

uploading is too slow

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:09 am

taking forever to batch upload photos... painfully slow.

rileypm

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:50 am

I am in the Pacific Northwest, US and have had no problems with the site including uploading. I also have broadband internet connection.

dougj

Re: slow still?

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:17 am

Firewalls are known culprits contributing to problems with large file transfers. If you are using a local firewall you should add PBase to its whitelist, or disable it while uploading.

valphotostudent wrote:I am a new user - thinking maybe I shouldn't have bought space after all. I can't get more than one image uploaded with my fast connection. I have had an upload going for more than an hour and can't tell if it has made any progress at all.
I use Mozilla Firefox and thought maybe that was the culprit - but tried again with IE and am getting the same thing.
Any help???

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Anyone else find PBase slooow these days?