Board index PBase Questions and Answers Question on Voting

Questions and Answers

Question on Voting

Ask if you need help using PBase.
gschmickle

Question on Voting

Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:46 pm

I'm new to pbase and still learning the in's and out's of it. Is there any way to determine if any of your albums have received votes from other users? I realize that my albums will probably never appear on any of the popular lists, but it would be cool to know if anyone thought enough of one to vote for it.

Thanks,
Guy

minoltaman

Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:57 pm

Nope.....you have to scan the popular list to get a feel for any votes you may or may not be receiving. The 90day and all-time lists sweem to do a better job of reflecting quality work than the 7day list.

Cheers

gschmickle

Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:07 pm

Yeah, I've noticed that with the 7 day list. It inspired me to get out there and vote for the ones I like. Thanks for the response.

Guy

castledude

Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:03 pm

Your pictures are really nice (they remind me of a 60's calendar)
You could easily be on the 7 day list and probably be on the 90 without too much work.

Getting on the 7 day list is not that hard but may take some luck.

A few suggestions:
1) Post bigger pictures, your pictures are really detailed and you are shortchanging the picture by posting at such a low resolution.

2) Take a little time to share what/where/when and how in the header for the group. This is a photo group so people really want to know some details.

3) Advertise, Ask for votes both on the picture and advertise in the come see my pictures group. Also create a new folder and put your best pictures in it. Creating a new group gets you the most visitors.

4) Give people something that they would want. Example for your pictures give people a monthly calendar with your pictures in the central focus.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Final words don't get too enamoured by the 7 day list we have seen pictures get on with less than 10 votes.

I have been on PBase for 3 months now and have been on the 7day (I was even #1 for a few days) multiple times and on the 90 day list a few times.

My trick #1, #2 and most of all I post scantily clad ladies (always good for some cheap votes :) ). I've never solicited for votes. I mainly made this account to share with friends and allow the models to pick up pictures.

Oh and don't forget to do a Google search on your account name you may miss your 24hrs of fame otherwise.

minoltaman

Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:18 pm

Guy...I see most of your pics are at 700pix. Thst's probably enough for most folks I think. They best way to get exposure, hits and votes here, I think, is to keep yourself on the upload list as much as possible.

Your stuff is good, if you get in the upload lists people will find you. I am thankful to be lucky enough to have quite a few of my galleries on the all-time list and on the 90 day lists and I think my exposure in the upload lists to the new folks is what helped propel many of my galleries into and up the lists.

I do not usually post my images much larger than 600 pixels on the wide side 'cuz I would like to have something for myself later, and I don't feel the need to give away a bunch of high rez photos on the net.

People like scenics here, you get the exposure you need and you should jet a few galleries into the all-time list without much problem at all.

Cheers

gschmickle

Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:15 pm

Thanks to both of you for your advice and compliments. The sharing of ideas and constructive criticism of one's work is what I hope to get out of this site. I agree with you that the best way to achieve that is to make your work visible to as many people as possible.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Question on Voting