Board index PBase Questions and Answers My upload is not uploading

Questions and Answers

My upload is not uploading

Ask if you need help using PBase.
djdowell

My upload is not uploading

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:48 pm

Hi, any help would be appreciated. I created a new gallery and uploaded some pictures to it last night. The gallery created as it should have, but the pictures are not showing up. I did it about four times and the pictures are still not there. It shows that the zip file is uploading, but the pictures never show up. I do have a 'paid for' membership. My gallery is pbase.com/djdowell and the gallery I created that has no pictures is Earthquake. Thanks. Denise Dowell

thresholdprod

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:55 pm

I see 15 photos fine. Could have been a server glitch/lag or maybe your cache needed to be dumped. In the future please list which browser/system you are using and if you have tried single/expanded upload as well as just zips to work around the problem.

Bill
http://www.pbase.com/thresholdprod/purgatory11

alastair

Uploading problem

Post Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:55 pm

Me too! I've been trying all morning to upload pics. I've tried one at a time and and the expanded option. NO LUCK! What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm new at this, but I successfully created ONE gallery. I'm just at a dead end here. HELP
AA

thresholdprod

Post Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:11 pm

its christmas day. Everyone is taking photos with their digital camera's not to count all the people that got new shiny big megapix ones(santa is so dead for leaving me out of this group :wink: ). Its an issue with the servers being loaded down hard. Just like how hotmail and yahoo have issues in the lunch and early evening hours or remeber how the old dial up got slow and you couldn't connect at certain times. Just wait a little bit and you will be able to get through. Go for off hours or tomorrow. Everyone was trying to rush their photos up for aunt bessy and grand ma ma in the moring and early afternoon. Not what you wanted to hear but its just a simple fact of online life

Bill
http://www.pbase.com/image/15933009

fjamison

Cannot UPLOAD a ZIP file

Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:43 am

I am trying out PBase for the first time. I successfully uploaded a single photo, but am unable to upload a ZIP. I've tried several times. The ZIP is ~ 6 mB so I am within limits. It "looks" like it loads, the "bar" goes all the way and the hour glass goes away.

BUT, no pictures! I am excited about using PBase, but not if it doesn't work...

Pls advise.

Thank you.

Frank

srijith

Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:51 am

The 6MB is not per-say a limitation for Pbase. However, what could be happening is that the connection between Pbase server and your browser may be getting timed-out because of the large files size.

Maybe you can try to split the zip file into two or three smaller zip files and try it.

Curious, what kind of connection are you on? ADSL, Cable, T1 or dial-up?

fjamison

Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:42 am

srijith wrote:The 6MB is not per-say a limitation for Pbase. However, what could be happening is that the connection between Pbase server and your browser may be getting timed-out because of the large files size.

Maybe you can try to split the zip file into two or three smaller zip files and try it.

Curious, what kind of connection are you on? ADSL, Cable, T1 or dial-up?

I am using cable (RoadRunner); it's extremely fast. I don't think I am having a time-out problem. I sent a longer ZIP (~18 mB) earlier and it took quite a bit longer than the 6 mB ZIP before the "hour glass" went away and the pointer returned. When I realized the file was greater than the 10 mB limitation, I sent a smaller ZIP. If it's timing out on 6 megs, something needs to be fixed, otherwise it will take forever to upload more than just a few photos. (as mentioned earlier, a single photo uploaded with no problem, but it would take a long time to do a bunch of photos on an individual basis)l

thresholdprod

Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:00 am

not sure (I'm running on no sleep) but is the unzipped file size bigger than the account limit? I can't remember what the difference in compression rates are right now. try expanded upload mode you do photos in 23 batch lots. and 23 is a good number http://www.pbase.com/slug/23

I'll second the I don't think its on your ened with road runner. I still beleive you just getting hosed for all those other damm people and their photos uploading. I don't bother with the main holiday windows.

Bill

Board index PBase Questions and Answers My upload is not uploading