Board index PBase Questions and Answers unusual viewing problem/issue

Questions and Answers

unusual viewing problem/issue

Ask if you need help using PBase.
stanweiss

unusual viewing problem/issue

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:14 pm

I created a gallery which has 4 sub galleries within it...
http://www.pbase.com/stanweiss/arilana18
seems to me that when i log in I can see the thumbnails for the four galleries but when others try to log in they do not see the thumbnails and therefore cannot get into any of the four sub-galleries...I am probably overlooking a checkbox or other setting ...any ideas?
Thanks
Stan

srijith

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:21 pm

Looks like you have set the albums to non-public. In that case you will have to send your friends the exact URL.

If you don't want these albums to be non-public, login, go to the each album page, click on "edit this gallery" , make sure the box "public gallery" is checked.

stanweiss

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:09 pm

just made them public and still when i logout and then try to view them there are no thumbnails showing the subgalleries! does anyone else see the thumbnails?
http://www.pbase.com/stanweiss/arilana18
something i am doing wrong but i don't know what...I have done this sub gallery thing many times and never had this problem!
Thanks
Stan

ilanphoto

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:33 pm

I can see 4 galleries
Mazal Tov
Ilan

ilanphoto

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:37 pm

Going to your all gallery page and after looking at the tree view I can't see the arilana18 gallery so I am gussing it is hidden
HTH
Ilan

stanweiss

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm

figured it out...
seems like all the galleries were originally designated as hidden...somehow that caused the thumbnails from the subgalleries not to appear in the main album...even if you typed in the main gallery url...now i have made the subgalleries public but the main gallery remains hidden! now the thumbnails of the subgalleries are visible....seems like that will be ok for me...unusual behavior as i would like all galleries to be hidden but this will be ok with me!

ilanphoto

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:15 pm

stanweiss wrote:...unusual behavior as i would like all galleries to be hidden but this will be ok with me!

If you want the 4 galleries hidden you would have to give out links to each of the 4. As it is set up now, nobody can access them from your main gallery only people who have the direct link

Board index PBase Questions and Answers unusual viewing problem/issue