Board index PBase Questions and Answers Wordcount for gallery descriptions?

Questions and Answers

Wordcount for gallery descriptions?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
genevieve_8

Wordcount for gallery descriptions?

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:11 pm

When I try to update the root gallery (title, description), I get the error message "Update Gallery Failed" since last night (Sunday, Dec 7).

I tried this on both my paid and trial accounts (I have two, don't ask), and receieved the same message.

Anyone else having this problem?

[[EDIT]]

Ah, just solved my own problem... its about WORD COUNT. Does anyone know the word count limit for a gallery descriptions?

Thanks
Genevieve

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:03 pm

I may be incorrect. But I think it's around 1024 characters. Just repeating this from another thread I read.

Cheers

framewerkz

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:14 am

I have a gallery that doubles as a trip diary... the description for the first day runs to 324 words, comprising 1,529 characters.

http://www.pbase.com/framewerkz/cbd1

minoltaman

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:18 am

Some bum info around then...anyone want to clue us in?

Cheers

minoltaman

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:13 am

Well...this is the quote(s) I was remembering.

Yes, there is a limit and if I remember correctly, it is less than 2,200 charactars. Try to use lesser amount and text and see if you can update it. I don't think there is any problem with the system other than the inbuilt limitation.

In a bit of a rush. There was another thread in the forums which mentioned the limit. I think it is 1024 characters. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Both quotes from srijith in this thread....
http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... light=1024

I guess we are all in the dark here. According to a fellow in that thread, 2200 characters were too many.

Cheers

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Wordcount for gallery descriptions?