Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unviewable image/gallery title

Questions and Answers

Unviewable image/gallery title

Ask if you need help using PBase.
matsinsweden

Unviewable image/gallery title

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:37 pm

:cry: :( :?
Can´t get it, I post images and all are viewable in small, medium, large & original, automatically.
Then I post one image, try to (unsuccessfully) make a new gallery for it and other I´d like to be in that gallery, and it simply doesn´t work out...

New image not viewable in "original" size, impossible to even grasp how to make a new gallery or to title it (the new gallery).
"Nothing works".New image stays in "inbox" whatever I do, can´t even delete it.
Is there any form of basic tutorial on how to use pbase?
The instructions on the different pages are of "no help", since they don´t tell what they mean...or functions don´t do what they are announced to do.
Of course it IS possible, just one got hold of the keys...

matsinsweden

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:17 am

Finally I managed to put a titleto the new gallery.Fine.

But still all three images I uploaded are NOT viewable in "original" size.
Why is that?
I sure did send them up in their original size, pixel wise, although a bit more jpg-compressed than they were shot.

Link to the gallery here:
http://www.pbase.com/matsinsweden/eos_300d_samples

sheila

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:36 am

This problems crops of several times on the forum. It would appear that in most cases, Zone Alarm Pro blocks larger size images. What you do now I have no idea! Someone out there will tell you I'm sure!

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

thresholdprod

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:55 am

The best thing to do is search the forums. The zone alarm issue has been discussed and detailed out to death almost. Its a simple fix. The issue lies with the higher security setting and original images being remotely loaded from a different server. I don't remember there being a way to make a rule for a certain site with zone alarm so you have to go down to a medium setting for browsing. Medium is still a pretty good(safe) setting. If you are really worried there are some great programs that are freeware that will fill in the gaps. Just send me a pm and I'll give you the links.

Bill

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:18 am

Changing the zone alarm settings to accept ads allows the original size photos to show up. That's the only fix I know of right now.

-Emily
(The Forum Goddess)

matsinsweden

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:33 am

Zone alarm is nothing I have ever heard about, but thanks all, anyway.
After a good night´s sleep I did find this morning that all the mentioned images were viewable in all sizes.
I posted qustion about this subject on dpreview too, and before checking out I got an answer telling that it might just be that the server of pbase updates at a rate that may result in images appearing to not be viewable, and after "a while" they are there...;-

I´m happier now, and will not be as hot on the heels when doing future uploads.. ;-

/Mats ;-) :wink: :D

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unviewable image/gallery title