Board index PBase Questions and Answers How can I add a copyright text...

Questions and Answers

How can I add a copyright text...

Ask if you need help using PBase.
scherrer

How can I add a copyright text...

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:55 pm

...BELOW the "Other sizes: small medium large original" text, in all my pictures, as I have seen in some galleries ?
Thanks in advance for any help ?

scherrer

I just found HOW to do it, but...

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:03 pm

...is there a way of adding a YEAR on the copytight (sould be able to use different years, depending on WHEN the shots have been done...) ?!?
TIA,
J-P. Scherrer

msephton

Re: I just found HOW to do it, but...

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:06 pm

scherrer wrote:...is there a way of adding a YEAR on the copytight (sould be able to use different years, depending on WHEN the shots have been done...) ?!?
TIA,
J-P. Scherrer

You mean using the EXIF data in the photos? Great idea.

matt

sheila

Re: How can I add a copyright text...

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:13 am

scherrer wrote:...BELOW the "Other sizes: small medium large original" text, in all my pictures, as I have seen in some galleries ?
Thanks in advance for any help ?

Go to your Profile page - then Edit account settings (this is right under the "location")

Scroll down to Copyright Statement - then add copyright statement - you can get the copyright symbol © by holding down Alt and typing 0169 on numeric keypad on right hand side of keyboard (if you have Windows). Its not necessary to keep changing the date of the copyright.

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

garrie_rouse

Additional copyright comments ...

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:17 pm

I just did some quick research on copyright law through the US Copyright Office of the Library of Congress. If published in the US after Jan 1, 1978, your work is automatically covered by US Copyright Law. You do not need to register your work with the Copyright Office, although it is recommended. If published after march 1, 1989, you do not even need to make a copyright statement, but that too is still recommended.

If your work is registered with the US Copyright Office prior to an infringement of your copyright, you can recoup legal fees and other certain damages. Although there are some restrictions, you can register a group of photographs all at the same time, thereby reducing considerably your level of effort and costs. You need not send hard copies and it appears that the Copyright Office prefers images on CD when registering a group of them. You can get more information on this at http://www.copyright.gov/. Be sure to go to "forms" and download Form GR/PPh/CON for information/application for group registration of photographs.

Regarding a copyright date, you should use the date that the photograph was published (not when it was taken). The copyright officer that I spoke to would not commit as to whether putting pictures up on PBase represented a form of "publication", but you can read their definition and determine for yourself. It certainly appears to me that posting pics on PBase is a form of publication according to the Copyright Office definition.

Hope this helps,

Garrie Rouse

Board index PBase Questions and Answers How can I add a copyright text...