Board index PBase Questions and Answers Removing some sizes of images...

Questions and Answers

Removing some sizes of images...

Ask if you need help using PBase.
msephton

Removing some sizes of images...

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:46 pm

I would like to be able to remove the original and perhaps large sizes of my photos, is this possible?

More specifically i would like to limit the max size of images in all my galleries to 800x600, and would rather not upload those that are larger again.

Any help appreciated.

matt

olliemaitland

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:13 pm

Currently the only way to limit to size of your images available is to upload a 800x600 image, this means that when someone views your image they will receive the 800x600 image by default and then have to option of small and medium.

I find that creating an automated routine in Photoshop is a good way to create the 800x600 images.

msephton

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:39 pm

olliemaitland wrote:Currently the only way to limit to size of your images available is to upload a 800x600 image, this means that when someone views your image they will receive the 800x600 image by default and then have to option of small and medium.

I find that creating an automated routine in Photoshop is a good way to create the 800x600 images.

Thanks for that, I sort of figured that out myself. The thing is I have one or two galleries of 1024x768 images which i would like to bring down to 800x600. Do I have any other option other than re-uploading?

matt

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:17 pm

We are planning to add a tool to the site that will allow users to resize images that are already up on PBase. We are working on some other features right now though, so it will be a little while before this feature is up. It is on the way.

-Emily
(The Forum Goddess)

Sorry about the confusion with the earlier post... I guess I was answering too many questions at once.
Last edited by emily on Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olliemaitland

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:19 pm

msephton wrote:Do I have any other option other than re-uploading?tt

Not to my knowledge, i think you have to reupload, when you actually get around to doing it i find it doesnt take two secs.

Emily - I guess that post was in reply to this thread, don't know how it ended up in here too :shock:

msephton

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:18 am

I'll see what I can do with the Batch updater. Thanks!

matt

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Removing some sizes of images...