Board index PBase Questions and Answers HELP! My Thumbnails are disappearing!

Questions and Answers

HELP! My Thumbnails are disappearing!

Ask if you need help using PBase.
pstewart

HELP! My Thumbnails are disappearing!

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:21 am

They are disappearing as fast as I can replace them! Weird, because I have hundreds of pics here and have NEVER, until today, had a broken thumbnail.

Today I added a new gallery and rearranged another. I had done this before with no problem. However, today, after doing this, I noticed dozens of thumbs (at least 50 ...maybe more) were broken all over my galleries. Some were hidden in subgalleries too, so I had to go hunting and clicking and fixing...took over an hour!

To my horror, as I fixed them, I kept noticing new ones that were broken. So I had to fix those. The good news, if there is any, is that all the ones that I fixed have stayed fixed (so far). The new broken ones were all ones that hadn't been broken when I started finding and fixing.

Why did this happen all at once? And what can I do to keep it from happening again? Too much wasted time! I will be afraid to come to my galleries now for fear I will find more broken thumbs and more drudge work facing me. I will have to check each and every little subgallery (and I have tons of 'em--80 galleries with 422 images, my stat report says) to be sure they are okay, and that will be a real chore. "This is no way to live," as they say!

Anyone know about this? Please help, because this is a scary thing!

Phyllis

bijan

Mine too :(

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:37 am

Mine are disappearing also. I just hope it's not some hacker doing this.
I hope it gets fixed soon.

minoltaman

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:00 am

Some sort of file upload must be messing the entire system up or something. Something like this has happened before and if slug is aware I am sure he will fix it soon.

Cheers

srijith

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:01 am

Couple of people have been complaining about disappearing thumbnails. I am not sure whether it is triggered by new additions or it is a coincidence.

I would suggest that you do not go about reloading or regenerating the images until something is confirmed. If it is a server problem, doing so would only add more burden on the machines and worsen the situation. Wait for a day or so. Hopefully things return to normal.

Personally I have not had any problem with my thumbnails. But I am not going to try my luck :)

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Images Disappearing - There is a reason

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:13 am

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys. We added a couple of servers today. They seem to be working and gettnig the expected amount of traffic, but it seems the nameservers that some ISPs use are slow to update. The problem should fix itself soon when the nameservers update, but if photos don't show up by tomorrow, let us know.

Don't worry, these photos are not gone. It's just a temporary nameserver problem.

Sorry for the trouble,
Emily

srijith

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:51 am

Thanks for the info Emily. I am sure that help calm some disturbed nerves :)

Board index PBase Questions and Answers HELP! My Thumbnails are disappearing!