Board index PBase Questions and Answers Slug...What is the criteria...

Questions and Answers

Slug...What is the criteria...

Ask if you need help using PBase.
juliano

Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:15 pm

I think it is example galleries for new users to see though.

Just put minoltaman's on the list and make him happy :lol:

minoltaman

Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:32 pm

I think it is example galleries for new users to see though.

You figure??? it would be nice for new users to see some current users and pbase supporters instead of pbase freeloaders on the list. Some newer and more current galleries would be nice too.

Just put minoltaman's on the list and make him happy

make me happy guest and cruise through the popular lists andthe main screen a few times you will see what I mean.

Cheers

PS...You gotta name guest??

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

criteria now changed

Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:42 pm

hi
we'll try this.
the front page galleries are now selected randomly from the popular galleries that have received at least4 votes in the last 90 days.

should keep the selection fresh while keeping evil/uninteresting stuff from showing up on the front page.

-slug

gurl

Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:08 pm

First page of http://www.photosig.com was an interesting example of what happens when voting and rating is the main point for some users: "gangs" of photographers exchanged clicks to reach the first page and many more were just bored about that!
The rules were changed (logarithms used for much slower increase of high ratings 8!) and it seems the struggle for the first places is now only second to interesting critics of works (meaningful critics is what photoSIG is intended for).

A useful way could be to keep the rules secret and to change or tune them when needed...

minoltaman

Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:10 pm

Thanks slug. 8)

Gurl....I think some peeps do that here to get to the pop galleries list at times. But I don't think that technique works very well here to make the 90 day or all-time lists. I think you have to have something pretty good to keep getting votes from unique users. Since you can only vote once here your friends can only take you so far I think.

Cheers

minoltaman

Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:18 pm

Slug and Emily....After doing some quick clicking I would say the changes you made are VERY NICE. Very FRESH galleries and so many great pbase members and supporters are now being "featured" both new and old. What a new look. You done real good!

Double Thanks.

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Slug...What is the criteria...