Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can you setup defaults for camera, lens, your name, etc.?

Questions and Answers

Can you setup defaults for camera, lens, your name, etc.?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
corymcnutt

Can you setup defaults for camera, lens, your name, etc.?

Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:18 am

I have only one camera and one lens and one name...is it possible to put those items in as defaults or do you have to edit EVERY picture you upload and re-enter these items? Thanks, Cory

srijith

Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:52 am

I don't think you can set the default. However rather than edit each picture, you might want to try and do a mass update. One problem I have found with the mass update though is that if you do a mass update of the camera body and enter the name like (FujiFilm Finepix XXX), it does get updated on the image page, but it does not get added to the camera database.

Only one-by-one edit of image camera body detail (wherein you choose your detail from the drop down list) links it to the database. :(

shecodes

Re: Can you setup defaults for camera, lens, your name, etc.

Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:53 am

corymcnutt wrote:I have only one camera and one lens and one name...is it possible to put those items in as defaults or do you have to edit EVERY picture you upload and re-enter these items? Thanks, Cory

If your photo has EXIF information in it, it will automatically put the camera info in for you. If you modify your photos with something that strips out the EXIF info, you'll need to fill it in by hand. It would be nice to have a default, though. :D

juliano

Re: Can you setup defaults for camera, lens, your name, etc.

Post Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:58 am

corymcnutt wrote:I have only one camera and one lens and one name...is it possible to put those items in as defaults or do you have to edit EVERY picture [/b]you upload and re-enter these items? Thanks, Cory
[b]

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can you setup defaults for camera, lens, your name, etc.?