Board index PBase Questions and Answers Root gallery

Questions and Answers

Root gallery

Ask if you need help using PBase.
lazycalm

Root gallery

Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:20 pm

I've just recently (yesterday, in fact) established an account. This is still fairly new to me and I'm in the process of familiarizing myself with all the nuances involved. One thing I have noticed about my account (or rather the gallery page) which I do not seem to see on the gallery pages of others is the link on the page which says "edit root gallery". Is this supposed to be showing? Would it not be possible for ANYONE to go in and wreak havoc? I hope no one would, but the potential is there, is it not? How do I eliminate, or at least hide, this particular link on the page? Also, I notice that some of the test images which I uploaded yesterday (and which looked fine at the time) now appear lighter and washed out. Any ideas as to why this may have happened?
Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to a fun time on PBase.

Mitch

shecodes

Re: Root gallery

Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:29 pm

lazycalm wrote:I've just recently (yesterday, in fact) established an account. This is still fairly new to me and I'm in the process of familiarizing myself with all the nuances involved. One thing I have noticed about my account (or rather the gallery page) which I do not seem to see on the gallery pages of others is the link on the page which says "edit root gallery". Is this supposed to be showing? Would it not be possible for ANYONE to go in and wreak havoc? I hope no one would, but the potential is there, is it not? How do I eliminate, or at least hide, this particular link on the page? Also, I notice that some of the test images which I uploaded yesterday (and which looked fine at the time) now appear lighter and washed out. Any ideas as to why this may have happened?
Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to a fun time on PBase.

Mitch

Mitch, no one but you (or someone logged into your account) will see edit root gallery when in your gallery. That shows when you are logged in. When I look in my gallery page, I can edit my root gallery, but no one else's.

The images I see don't looked washed out - it may be your settings on your monitor. Do other items looked washed out in other galleries?

lazycalm

Re: Root gallery

Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:40 pm

Mitch, no one but you (or someone logged into your account) will see edit root gallery when in your gallery. That shows when you are logged in. When I look in my gallery page, I can edit my root gallery, but no one else's.

The images I see don't looked washed out - it may be your settings on your monitor. Do other items looked washed out in other galleries?

Thank you, Sue, for your reply. That makes me feel a lot more comfortable re: security. I had also noticed the appearance of an "edit this gallery" link on my page but now your explanation makes sense. In reference to the appearance of some of my images, the ones in question look just fine now. They appear as I intended them to at the time of the upload. I think it may have just been a quirk in my system when I booted up today. After my post, I shut down and re-booted and eveything looked OK. Thanks again for your prompt reply. Now if I can just come up with things worthy of sharing. The eternal quest.

Regards-Mitch

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Root gallery