Board index PBase Questions and Answers my real name is displayed in the gallery

Questions and Answers

my real name is displayed in the gallery

Ask if you need help using PBase.
falkor

my real name is displayed in the gallery

Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:03 pm

when I gave my real name, I didn't realise that it would show

how can I delete my real name and just leave my username please?

olliemaitland

Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:26 pm

on your profile page there are two boxes, first name and last name, if you edit these and update the profile with these empty then nothing will be displayed...

... but you shouldn't need to hide your name, should you?!

falkor

Post Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:02 am

hi ollie

thanks for the reply

no you shouldn't need to hide your name

but then again

why do members have usernames like slug, sshyone, dimitree, littlepopo kasp3r instead of using their actual names? why do we have fictitious usernames at all? because members do not wish to use their real names? :wink:

thresholdprod

Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:27 am

I use thresholdprod which is short for Threshold Productions. For some silly reason the ones with my name were already taken( Blame mom... should have given a better rarer name and she should have dated someone taller dammit). My real name is clearly on my profile name and copyright statment.

There is no reason to hide who you. If the gallery is for you family they know who you are and the rest of the people might want to know who to sing praises of. Some of the odd names are nicknames people have had forever.

Bill

Board index PBase Questions and Answers my real name is displayed in the gallery