Board index PBase Questions and Answers Image Size When Viewing

Questions and Answers

Image Size When Viewing

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ghwagner

Image Size When Viewing

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:55 pm

Someome visited my site, changed the image size from large to original, now all of my photos in all of my albums are original size, which is too big for the screen and distorts the photo. I assumed that the size I set when editing the photos would always be the size viewers saw. So, how do I prevent viewrs from changing the viewing size ?

thresholdprod

Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:11 am

look at an image (almost any image will do) You will see at the bottom the link/text other sizes: small medium large original ( the larger sizes may not be available if the original is smaller than the next size up) click the one you want to see as the defualt. Pbase will set a cookie. When you click a different size pbase will set a cookie to make that the default size.

So in summary nobody messed with your galleries. There is no way to set a image size forced down everyone's throat.

Bill

srijith

Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:07 am

As a side note. there is a feature request for the pbase team to let the gallery owner decide the default size of a gallery/image. Of course the user can set his own default, but when teh user views a particular user's galleries for the first time, the gallery owner's default should be used.

Hopefully pbase team will do something about this soon..

jeanb

Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:32 pm

You can always resize your pics so that they aren't so large. Not only will you be using less space, but your pics won't be copied.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Image Size When Viewing