Board index PBase Questions and Answers searching on artist's name

Questions and Answers

searching on artist's name

Ask if you need help using PBase.
sandih

searching on artist's name

Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:43 pm

The search function, as far as I can tell, really only allows you to search on words from photo titles and/or descriptions. Is there a way to search for the artist by name? I'm having trouble finding the "home page" for a gallery I saw the other day....I believe the photographer was Beatrice Zimmerman. Can anyone help?

minoltaman

Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:35 pm

Take a look at the all users list and filter for the Z's. Can't be to many Zimmermans here. One I see a lot is Bailey Zimmerman if I am not mistaken. The search does not grab names specifically. Unless they are in the keywords or image title.

saalwaechter

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:24 am

I ran into this same problem. And I tried to use the "all users" list. The issue is that many (most?) account names are not based on the person's real name. So Beatrice Zimmerman's pbase account may be jollyrancher01 or honkshee55.

In addition to searching by artist name, I'd like to see the searches include gallery description too. The photo that's returned in the search could be the gallery's representative photo.

juliano

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:39 am

minoltaman wrote:Take a look at the all users list and filter for the Z's. Can't be to many Zimmermans here. One I see a lot is Bailey Zimmerman if I am not mistaken. The search does not grab names specifically. Unless they are in the keywords or image title.
:oops:

minoltaman

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:54 am

I ran into this same problem. And I tried to use the "all users" list.

Nice blinking blusher John/guest. :lol: Nice content btw :roll:

Do a google search by name or login name. If the artist has any sort of traffic to his or her galleries you will be directed to his or her pbase home page without too much trouble.

For instance..type Don Northup or minoltaman in google and see what happens. Will work usually for anyone that gets a good amOunt of traffic here at pbase. It would be nice though to find everyone easily on the all users list.

In addition to searching by artist name, I'd like to see the searches include gallery description too. The photo that's returned in the search could be the gallery's representative photo.

If you want a feature added that has not been requested many times, or is not already on the long list, make a post in the proper feature requests forum.

Cheers

ilanphoto

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:09 pm

To make it easier to find in google you can restrict the search to http://www.pbase.com only. That will reduce the number of hits drastically. It is done in the advanced search link
Ilan

wtraub

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:32 am

This is probably the artist/photographer that you are looking for:
http://www.pbase.com/baileyzim She is a wonderful photog and artist.

I do know you can do a search for an artist IF they have their name listed for each photo in the keywords section. If you do a search on my name Waynette some of my image will appear. Now I'm "lucky" I have a strange name – but I doubt anyone has looked up my name either.

If you do update your images with your name in the keyword section – it will take some time before it is updated. But give them time – sooner or later it will appear with images in your gallery.

Peace.

minoltaman

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:44 am

I thought I said that a month or so ago. :)

One I see a lot is Bailey Zimmerman if I am not mistaken. The search does not grab names specifically. Unless they are in the keywords or image title.

Thanks for the url. The original poster has probably found Bailey though the popular galleries or for sure with google by now I would hope.

Cheers

Board index PBase Questions and Answers searching on artist's name