Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is pBase having problem?

Questions and Answers

Is pBase having problem?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
wolfe

Is pBase having problem?

Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:14 pm

For more than a week, I noticed that when I visited the pBase mainpage website, the web page can't be loaded 100%. Some of the images on the page was blank.

After I login at my own album, I found the same situation that my galleries master page were not 100% shown. Therefore, I was not able to upload the new photos to my album.

Is something wrong at my side? Or the pbase database?

srijith

Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:36 pm

Since I don't have the problems you have mentioned and because I can see your galleries fully, I would say that the problem is at your end.

ryan0917

Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:22 pm

I noticed the same effect. On occasion, the page was showing loaded, but there were no images displayed. I think this is a browser issue, however if others are experiencing the same problem, there is a possibility pbase is sending bad HTML somehow...

Exiting seemed to fix the problem...it seemed to be a session problem.

srijith wrote:Since I don't have the problems you have mentioned and because I can see your galleries fully, I would say that the problem is at your end.

wolfe

Post Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:58 pm

srijith,

Tks for your message.

In one of your communication with slackjeep, I found he/she had same problem before and you have fixed for him/her. Could you please help me please.

I noticed that the downloading is hanged at :

http://mikeli.image.pbase.com/u25/wolfe ... 870001.jpg

ilanphoto

Post Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:27 pm

It seems that the Nadstat site is down or at least having problems
So if you are using Nedstat like I am, the pages load very slowly because there is no conection to Nedstat
HTH
Ilan

srijith

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:53 am

wolfe wrote:I noticed that the downloading is hanged at :

http://mikeli.image.pbase.com/u25/wolfe ... 870001.jpg

Can you give me the actual URL, with only "www.pbase.com/XXXXXX"? As mentioned in the FAQ, do not use URLs like "mikeli.image.pbase.com". These are transient URLs that might change as the pbase system topology changes.

For people who can't see the images, please note that Zone Alarm has been identified as creating problems with big size images. Can anyone who have raised the issue here, confirm whether they are using any kind of proxy of firewall at their side?

As for bad HTML, things seems to work great on IE 5.2, 6.0, Opera 7.21 and Mozilla. Can't think of any reason why HTML could create hickups. Even though the pbase HTMLs are wickedly "ugly", they are almost always valid HTML :)

wolfe

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:07 pm

srijith,

As per your request, I would like to share with you the URL that I can't see completely (100%) of all the thumbnails :

http://www.pbase.com

or even I login completed at :

http://www.pbase.com/login

or when I tried to view my own album at :

http://www.pbase.com/wolfe

srijith

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:46 pm

All of them shows up fine here. Any proxy or personal firewall being used?

wolfe

Post Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:23 pm

srijith,

I still got the same problem when using my computer at home (which is a boardband connection).

On the other hand, I tried with my office computer and the display all ok.

Therefore, I presume it is the problem when I access from home. Because of this, it eliminates me to upload the photos from home (need to do it from office). Do you have any advice that I need to check so as to fix my connection from home.

srijith

Post Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:55 pm

Any chance of being able to answer the question on the software used at your end?

wolfe

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:05 am

srijith

I do not use proxy or firewall at my home computer.

srijith

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:50 am

wolfe wrote:I still got the same problem when using my computer at home (which is a boardband connection).

On the other hand, I tried with my office computer and the display all ok.

If this is the case, look for the difference in the basic setup of the two machines. Are they using the same browser? OS? Anything more specific?

tyoung

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:29 am

Srijith, At times I see a situation similar to what's being described here when connecting from home. In these cases, all of the pages load without any problem but no images are available and the progress bar at the bottom of the browser stalls "waiting on the files". Usually when this does occur, PBase itself is functioning normally. Once this behavior begins, images are no longer viewable in the browser from anywhere on the net until I exit and reload the browser. I agree that Zonealarm could be a potential culprit, or at least some kind of interaction between PBase and ZoneAlarm. Since exiting and reloading the browser seems to have been a solution for me, I haven't given this much thought. Hopefully others who are experiencing anything like this might benefit from trying the same thing. If it means anything, this behavior is usually triggered while I'm browsing galleries (such as Popular, etc.) or using one of the search functions.

wolfe

Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:40 pm

Thanks for those who have responded to me offering solutions. I finally found the reason, by doing the Window update, I can now see all the thumbnails in my albums.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is pBase having problem?