Board index PBase Questions and Answers When will the search re-index?

Questions and Answers

When will the search re-index?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ryan0917

When will the search re-index?

Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:49 am

I upgraded to a paid account on the 14th. At the very latest I added some new pictures w/ keywords on the 20th, but nothing will show up in the search.

twro

Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:46 pm

Same here. I added keywords around the same time and so far, nothing on a search. I really wish there was a little communication from the people that run this. Not knowing if something is broken and they're working on it or, maybe they don't know is very annoying. Not exactly what I expected from a paid site.

stevep

Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:54 am

Still waiting for my pics to index also!

ryan0917

Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:24 pm

Even worse, no reply yet to my help@pbase.com message.

stevep wrote:Still waiting for my pics to index also!

saalwaechter

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:17 am

Maybe it's "keyword" searching that's broken. I have several images with caption text that are indexed properly (although I haven't changed any lately). But I've added keywords to some images recently that aren't being picked up in searches.

On the topic of help feedback, I also find it frustrating that there's no acknowledgement of submitted problems. That's the #1 rule of technical support in my book -- at a bare minimum let the customer know that you've received and understood the problem they've reported. I've seen this issue voiced many times in the pbase forum, but it always just sits out there unresponded to. Sigh.

--John

stevep

Caption Indexes not updated since early September??

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:26 pm

Looking at my galleries and doing searches on captions, leads me to belive that caption indexing stopped in early September.

Hopefully someone on the pbase staff does read these forums, and would be kind enough to acknowledge the problem, or tell us how to get around it.

I am otherwise happy with the service.

Best Regards,
Steve.

stevep

Inexing of Captions and Keywords-Pbase response.

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:02 pm

I received this email last night:

Hi Steve,

The search needs a lot of improvements. We are working on this. Let me
know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks.

--

Emily S. Humphrey
emily@pbase.com
http://www.pbase.com/emily

Board index PBase Questions and Answers When will the search re-index?