Board index PBase Questions and Answers Exif Data...

Questions and Answers

Exif Data...

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ph0t0man

Exif Data...

Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:59 am

K, sorry, I am sure this has been asked like 50,000 times but I got sick of searching and finding nothing...

I am using a Dimage 7i to shoot, then I often use Neat Image and PS6 to edit my images before posting them. All my exif data is never displayed. I don't normally use other software to upload from my CF card. How do I keep the exif with my pictures through these processes?

ps. I don't "save for web" in PS, I just use regular Ctrl+S cmd.

srijith

Re: Exif Data...

Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:39 am

ph0t0man wrote:I am using a Dimage 7i to shoot, then I often use Neat Image and PS6 to edit my images before posting them. All my exif data is never displayed. I don't normally use other software to upload from my CF card. How do I keep the exif with my pictures through these processes?

ps. I don't "save for web" in PS, I just use regular Ctrl+S cmd.

As far as I know, PS process of CTRL-S does not damage the Exif data. Have you checked whether Neat Image strips the exif data off? You might want to search the Neat Image forum for some info. There seems to be some people complaing about lost Exif data when using Neat Image under some cases, for example with TIFF images.

ph0t0man

Post Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:58 am

Well, I don't ever use TIFF. I shoot in jpeg fine and keep everything at high quality jpegs. I really doubt PS would strip exif except for certain cercumstances. Perhaps it is Neat Image???....anyone have a clue?

filou_2

Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:49 am

The very same thing has happened to me.
I believe that it is indeed photoshop that ruins everything, but only the save for web option.
I tried that today (11-11-2003), and it worked perfectly well.
Try that, and let us know :)

decloedt

EXIF

Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:52 am

The Neat Image demo version does not preserve EXIF data. All paid registered versions (Home, Pro and Pro+) do retain the EXIF information. As far as Photoshop is concerned, it does keep the EXIF data intact if you use Save or Save As. If you choose Save For Web, the EXIF data is stripped.

One other thing to keep in mind is that some Photoshop plug-ins can wipe out this data as well. I have BoxTopSoft's "ProJPEG" plug-in, which is an enhanced file loading and saving program. It removes the EXIF data when loading images. When I finish working on an image and save it, I then use BreezeBrowser to copy the EXIF data back to it from the original.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Exif Data...