Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is there a way to only make small images available?

Questions and Answers

Is there a way to only make small images available?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
kbstokes

Is there a way to only make small images available?

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:52 pm

I accidentally uploaded images that were larger than I'd wanted. These are proofs and I don't want the client to be able save the larger images by right clicking. Is there a way to make only small and med size images available for viewing?

thresholdprod

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:56 pm

No there is not.

If you are uploading proofs than it best to inbedd proof/copyright across the entire picture anyway.

mikelly

Is there any reason why you can't downsize them to 640x480?

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:53 pm

Downsizing them should do the trick.

Mike Kelly

bearpaw

watermark photos for protection or just downsize images??

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:16 pm

Hello,
I was wondering what most folks do with their photos here: Put a watermark on them (and what would be the best way to do that?) or protect them from being nicked by just uploading images no larger than about 640?
Or not worry about it and just post 'em.
Thanks.
Peg

thresholdprod

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:49 pm

I run a higher compression rate but that's more about space than protection. After that I upload only what I want to risk. Some of the more personal better stuff never leaves a small yahoo group I have. Anything I post in usenet has a big nasty copyright notice on it with a text post explaining to the group where they can come see and get copies of the photos un-mucked uped.
People are going to save images they like. Just so they can look at them again because they might not find the webpage again or the images might be taken down/disapear. Most of these people have a hard drive full of images they never really look at again. There is also the other class of people that steal images but they can work around any security you have especialy any stupid java tricks.The low res shots still can make a web site if they want.So in summary you just have to gamble. Most people don't have to worry about real threats.

Bill
"Bill Gates isn't the Devil - Satan made sure Hell worked before he
opened it to the damned..."

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Is there a way to only make small images available?