Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can I Download Pictures from Someone Elses Gallery?

Questions and Answers

Can I Download Pictures from Someone Elses Gallery?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
patdennison

Can I Download Pictures from Someone Elses Gallery?

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:47 am

Is so, How?

srijith

Re: Can I Download Pictures from Someone Elses Gallery?

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:09 am

patdennison wrote:Is so, How?

There is no automated way to download images by bulk. Not even the user himself can do it! As for individual images, you can download it just like any other image on the Internet. However, please note that all images online here are copyright of someone - either the user himself or his friends/family etc. So, if you plan to use it for commercial purposes, please get permission from the copyright holder.

bobtrips

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:15 am

In order to see a picture from the web it has to be downloaded to your computer. So if you see a picture, you've already downloaded it.

The issue is really how to save it. If you're using Internet Explorer then a click of the right button on the mouse will give you the 'Save Picture' option.

But, please be considerate of other people's work. All the images here are copyrighted simply by the process of posting them with the proper notification. I doubt that anyone would have a big problem with you keeping a copy of their work on your computer to look at from time to time, but you can't legally use the image in any commercial manner.

And it's bad form to put someone else's image on your web site without their permission, even if you give them credit for the work.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Can I Download Pictures from Someone Elses Gallery?