Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unable to upload

Questions and Answers

Unable to upload

Ask if you need help using PBase.
bdub

Unable to upload

Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:44 pm

Hi folks,

For at least a week anyway, I haven't been able to upload images to any of my galleries. http://www.pbase.com/bdub

What happens is whenever I've located the image on my HD I'd like to upload by doing the following:

Edit this gallery
Browse
Upload

I get a message as if a web page wasn't located. Ie. The page cannot be displayed and so on..

I'm a pbase supporter on Win98se, IE 5.5 or 6 (not sure which). I've cleared out any old cookies etc.. and tried again with no joy. I'd appreciate any help if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,
Brian.

srijith

Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:44 pm

Are you behind any proxy server? Are you using any personal firewall like Zone Alarm?

bdub

Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:33 pm

Hello srijith.

I'm not entirely sure what a proxy server is so I'll assume here that if I don't really know what one is then it's unlikely I'm behind one.

I use Sygate Personal firewall. I tried disabling it there and trying to upload a photo and the same thing continues to happen. I've used Zonealarm in the past but ran into problems with it and no longer use it.

Thanks for taking an interest in my query, I can't understand whats causing it. I'll keep fiddling about at my end & hopefully it'll start to upload again. Pretty frustrating though.

Brian.

srijith

Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:35 pm

Could always be a transient problem with pbase. BTW hope you have exceeded your quota limit. Do check that.

bdub

Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:18 pm

Well just to let you know it's now working again. I didn't change anything at mind end so it's a bit of a strange one. Srijith, thanks for your help; was appreciated.

Brian

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unable to upload