Board index PBase Questions and Answers Formatting a CF Card via USB Reader / Writer

Questions and Answers

Formatting a CF Card via USB Reader / Writer

Ask if you need help using PBase.
patkgau

Formatting a CF Card via USB Reader / Writer

Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:09 pm

Hello,
I'm sorry if this post is'nt accurate enough or just in the wrong area, but here goes. I recently was using my Kodak Camera CF card in my USB Reader / Writer (Generic and it requires no drivers in Windows 2000) to download images from the card (16 Mb CF).

Yesterday I accidentally formatted the card and it is no longer recognized in the camera!
I figured out half the problem. Kodak told me the card is pre formatted using a FAT16 file format ONLY. Now in Windows 2000 when formatting Any / USB detected drive (Removeable Drive), the drop down menu lets you select a FAT, FAT32 or NTFS format. Sadly the FAT format is a FAT12 and is still not recognizable or formattable in the camera.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to format this CF in FAT16 mode would be greatly appreciated. I have gone to over 12 forums and asked for help, but none having an intricate answer on how an OS might be able to format this back to FAT16.

Please Help! Untill then will keep pulling the hairs off my head!

Thanksin advance,
G Patkar.

keiththomson

re: Formatting a CF Card via USB Reader / Writer

Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:32 pm

Cant you get back to the menu in the camera where you can reformat the card?

patkgau

Re: re: Formatting a CF Card via USB Reader / Writer

Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:15 am

keiththomson wrote:Cant you get back to the menu in the camera where you can reformat the card?

No, it simply falls back to the format screen, goes into a loop.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Formatting a CF Card via USB Reader / Writer