Board index PBase Questions and Answers Converting several jpgs to tif at a time

Questions and Answers

Converting several jpgs to tif at a time

Ask if you need help using PBase.
lindacc

Converting several jpgs to tif at a time

Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:26 pm

2 questions.
I am new here on the website and a hobbyist with a passion for digital photography. The more I learn the more I know I don't know. I am so excited with all the fabulous galleries and the depth of knowledge available here.
:?: 1. I have just gotten PS, and am in the learning curve. (I'm a newbie)
I have been converting the original jpgs I am taking to tif for print, although one at a time. This is consuming a lot of time. Is there a way to do a whole folder at once or atleast several pics at a time?
:?: 2. I see some really great looking framing (bordering) on some of your galleries. Some with a 3D shadow effect, etc...... How do I get these effects?
I am just starting my galleries so I do not have very much uploaded yet.

Thank you
Any help would be much appreciated.
[/i]
LindaCC

bobtrips

Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:14 pm

If you're using a PC then download a copy of Irfanview at http://www.irfanview.com and do a Batch Resize (under File).

Great program. Makes a good companion for PS and PSE, better for thumbnails, sorting to folders, batch resizing and converting, slide shows, etc.

lindacc

Thanks so much

Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:39 pm

Thank you so much. Downloaded Irfanview. Can't wait to use it. Will save so much time. Looks like it has alot of "Bells and Whistles". What Fun!!!
:wink:
LindaCC

ilanphoto

Re: Converting several jpgs to tif at a time

Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:16 am

lindacc wrote:2 :?: 2. I see some really great looking framing (bordering) on some of your galleries. Some with a 3D shadow effect, etc...... How do I get these effects?
I am just starting my galleries so I do not have very much uploaded yet.

Thank you
Any help would be much appreciated.
[/i]

I am no PS professional but I have found a lot of PS support sites. some of them have free actions for download. There are actions for framing as well. What I suggest is to run them on one of your pictures and see the results, some of them are excellent. Just a quick link to get you started,
http://www.desktoppublishing.com/psactions.html

For more just run a search
Hope that helps
Ilan

lindacc

Thank You

Post Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:09 pm

Thank you so much. I am so inspired with the quick and endless knowledge and assistace here on the website. Never knew all this existed. How much easier my creativity will be. I must now call a house keeper. Who will have time with this new world that has opened up. :lol:
LindaCC

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Converting several jpgs to tif at a time