Board index PBase Questions and Answers Video Clips

Questions and Answers

Video Clips

Ask if you need help using PBase.
andrea31419

Video Clips

Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:49 pm

Can you put video clips on Pbase? I have an olympus c4000z with quicktime movie mode.

Andrea :?:

srijith

Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:01 pm

Nope. Video clips are not supported in pbase. What you might want to do is to get some free web service like geocities and upload the clips there and link it from your page in pbase. Pbase is specifically for photos.

jasmee98

RE video

Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:53 pm

I would also like to post video, seeing most cameras have this feature.

I have tried using free sites like Geocities. Only problem is bandwidth. As soon as 1 or 2 people download the file, the next person gets errors stating that maximum bandwidth has been met and to try again later.

I assum this is why PBase has not allowed video.

Jay

srijith

Re: RE video

Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:02 pm

jasmee98 wrote:I assum this is why PBase has not allowed video.

I guess another reason is that pbase was meant specifically for presenting photos and all features built into the system was always meant to support photos and not videos. Any free websites can be used as a video storage medium. There is nothing much else you can do with the video..

thresholdprod

Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:23 am

If you were willing to pay the extra money then geocities dosen't have the bandwith limitation. You would have a better limit with a yahoo group but videos are massive bandwith hogs no matter how you look at. The best choice may be to ftp it from your own computer.

Free services will catch up eventualy. You use to only get a 5 meg free webpage and that's like what 5-6 pictures nowadays? :D

Bill

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Video Clips