Board index PBase Questions and Answers Any easy way to archive a gallery?

Questions and Answers

Any easy way to archive a gallery?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
abh

Any easy way to archive a gallery?

Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:38 am

I'd like to purge off some of my older galleries, but would like to preserve their stucture -- captions, sequence, nested galleries, etc. -- so I could reload the entire structure in the future if I wanted to. Is there any easy way to do this? Note to Slug: I'd be happy to pay a fair price (say $10-15 or so) to have my entire account copied to CD.

srijith

Re: Any easy way to archive a gallery?

Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:23 am

abh wrote:I'd like to purge off some of my older galleries, but would like to preserve their stucture -- captions, sequence, nested galleries, etc. -- so I could reload the entire structure in the future if I wanted to. Is there any easy way to do this? Note to Slug: I'd be happy to pay a fair price (say $10-15 or so) to have my entire account copied to CD.

As of now, no, there is no automated way. You can try some softwares like HTTrack to recursively go through your dirs and hopefully leech all the file. You might also want to email pbase team or slug with your offer.

abh

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:32 am

srijith wrote:You might also want to email pbase team or slug with your offer.

Is there a link somewhere with the "pbase team's" email address? I didn't see it.

Thanks for the HTTrack link, I'll give it a try and post my results.

srijith

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:44 am

abh wrote:Is there a link somewhere with the "pbase team's" email address? I didn't see it.
Thanks for the HTTrack link, I'll give it a try and post my results.

http://www.pbase.com/contact.html

You might want to search the forum for a thread on HTTrack discussion and sample configuration file. In short, I was able to dowload the images as required, but another user was not able to. So, all the best :)

keiththomson

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:05 pm

My suggestion would be to make the galleries private and replace all the images with a very small jpg (eg a 5x5 black square). This would enable you to save the structure without taking up (much) space. You would just have to make sure you know which images belong in which place when it came to restore.

abh

Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:03 am

srijith wrote:You might want to search the forum for a thread on HTTrack discussion and sample configuration file. In short, I was able to dowload the images as required, but another user was not able to. So, all the best :)

Looked through the other posts on the subject, but still can't make HTTrack pull any files, it just says

"21:03:27 Error: "Unable to get server's address" (-5) after 2 retries at link http://www.pbase.com/abh/nhfoliage03 (from primary/primary)"

Any ideas?

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Any easy way to archive a gallery?