Questions and Answers

Unable to edit images that are uploaded

Ask if you need help using PBase.
adamstuart

Unable to edit images that are uploaded

Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:03 pm

Hi:

My browser window no longer scrolls past camera body, let
alone far enough down the page to hit the Update button. I am running IE 6.0. I have had an account for over a year and this problem started last week.

Thanks.

Adam

srijith

Re: Unable to edit images that are uploaded

Post Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:58 pm

adamstuart wrote:My browser window no longer scrolls past camera body, let alone far enough down the page to hit the Update button. I am running IE 6.0. I have had an account for over a year and this problem started last week.

Can't reproduce the problem in my account using IE 6.0.2. Maybe you can try closing and opening IE again or even restarting the machine?

adamstuart

Re: Unable to edit images that are uploaded

Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:15 am

srijith wrote:
adamstuart wrote:My browser window no longer scrolls past camera body, let alone far enough down the page to hit the Update button. I am running IE 6.0. I have had an account for over a year and this problem started last week.

Can't reproduce the problem in my account using IE 6.0.2. Maybe you can try closing and opening IE again or even restarting the machine?

Tried all that. I also have 6.0.2. I can't find any other parameters that would cause the page not to load on any image for editing. I even tried editing images from last year, which already have captions, date, camera used, etc. Same situation: the page won't load beyond camera body.

Frustrating.

srijith

Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:15 am

Strange. I tried on Win2K and WinXP (Win 6.0.2, Opera 0.71, Firebird 0.7)and it seems to work fine. Any firewall or proxy at your end? We have had weird problems with Zone Alarm here.

adamstuart

Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:39 am

srijith wrote:Strange. I tried on Win2K and WinXP (Win 6.0.2, Opera 0.71, Firebird 0.7)and it seems to work fine. Any firewall or proxy at your end? We have had weird problems with Zone Alarm here.

I just arrived at work and opened my Gallery on a computer also running IE 6.0.2--no problems here. I do not have any firewalls or proxies at home. Weird that nothing has changed and all other browsing, downloading, etc are fine. Any other settings to check? Is this an IE issue in your opinion or an incompatibility issue with PBase, or other?

Adam

srijith

Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:25 pm

adamstuart wrote:Is this an IE issue in your opinion or an incompatibility issue with PBase, or other?
Adam
It really doesn't look like pbase problem, because the only thing that could create such a problem is bad HTMl codes, which should prevent all browsers from displaying the page. IE does act weird at times. Were you using the same OS? Was it Win2K in one and Win XP in another?

adamstuart

Post Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:24 pm

srijith wrote:
adamstuart wrote:Is this an IE issue in your opinion or an incompatibility issue with PBase, or other?
Adam
It really doesn't look like pbase problem, because the only thing that could create such a problem is bad HTMl codes, which should prevent all browsers from displaying the page. IE does act weird at times. Were you using the same OS? Was it Win2K in one and Win XP in another?

At work, where editing my images works fine, I am running Win 98 SE. At home, Win ME, and the same IE 6.0.2. I have filled-out forms on my home OS, surfed to previously viewed banking statements, etc. The pages load and scroll all the way down, previously visited sites load as before. I will end this thread now and not waste any more bandwidth. Not sure where to eve start if the HTMI code is a problem. Options in Internet Tools are unchanged.

Thanks for brainstorming.

Adam

adamstuart

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:58 am

adamstuart wrote:
srijith wrote:
Adam

At work, where editing my images works fine, I am running Win 98 SE. At home, Win ME, and the same IE 6.0.2. I have filled-out forms on my home OS, surfed to previously viewed banking statements, etc. The pages load and scroll all the way down, previously visited sites load as before. I will end this thread now and not waste any more bandwidth. Not sure where to eve start if the HTMI code is a problem. Options in Internet Tools are unchanged.

Thanks for brainstorming.

Adam

SOLVED! Earthlink Accelerator is a program running in the background (downloaded from my ISP). Not sure how it was preventing full page loading on just this Pbase page, but I deleted the program and I am back in business.

Adam

srijith

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:41 am

adamstuart wrote:SOLVED! Earthlink Accelerator is a program running in the background (downloaded from my ISP). Not sure how it was preventing full page loading on just this Pbase page, but I deleted the program and I am back in business.
Adam

Great. Thanks for the followup. Next time soneone has a similar problem, we know what to blame :)

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unable to edit images that are uploaded