Board index PBase Questions and Answers Searching by photographer's name?

Questions and Answers

Searching by photographer's name?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ziggy27

Searching by photographer's name?

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:10 am

Hello, I've not used the search before today, is there no way to search by photographer's name - the name to the left of the picture he/she posts? I see there is a place to view by user name, but that doesn't tell me the photographer...or am I missing something? :roll:

srijith

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:20 am

I think you will get better result by searching google using the photographer's name and the word "pbase" :!:

ziggy27

Thank you

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:26 am

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I was sure I was missing something because I couldn't believe you couldn't do a search on PBase for one of their own posting photographers. :(

I'll go out to Google and come in the back way...again, thanks :wink:

srijith

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:40 am

Pbase search has been a weak point in the system for some time now. It gets disabled under heavy load too. Hopefully pbase team will be able to turn their attention to it after dealing with more pressing issues.

opus1

That's putting it politely....

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:47 am

It's a mess. It takes far too long to find another member.
Too bad.

Also, why hasn't the front page here ever been updated? It's very poorly organized and outdated comapred to any other photo site. It really lacks eye appeal. It needs to be redesigned and have more photographs on the opening page.

srijith

Re: That's putting it politely....

Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:52 am

opus1 wrote:Also, why hasn't the front page here ever been updated? It's very poorly organized and outdated comapred to any other photo site. It really lacks eye appeal. It needs to be redesigned and have more photographs on the opening page.

I think pbase is taking a no frills approach. PBase is built for users to share their own pictures. I dont think they even envisaged a community structure. So rather than use the limited amount of resources available to design a very professional looking site, they are trying to get a professional site in terms of functions and stability.

Of course a great look is always great, but from my point of view it can wait. I'll rather have features like password protected galleries first.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Searching by photographer's name?