Board index PBase Questions and Answers NSFW

Questions and Answers

NSFW

Ask if you need help using PBase.
parpho

NSFW

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:03 am

I'll pose this as a question. A NSFW button, who knew? Many thanks Emily and Slug. I hope this works the way I think it works.
Michael

akmc_in_au

Re: NSFW

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:21 am

parpho wrote:I'll pose this as a question. A NSFW button, who knew? Many thanks Emily and Slug. I hope this works the way I think it works.
Michael

Where is this? I'm not seeing it on any of my edit pages. (Not that I need it outside of the occasional erotic streetscape perhaps, but I'm curious.)

parpho

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:06 pm

It is at the bottom of the gallery pages right hand side but it does not seem to be working yet.
M

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Hey Guys,

The link below recent / popular galleries at http://www.pbase.com/galleries will auto hide / show content that has been flagged NSFW. Sometimes there will still be content that is NSFW but has not yet been flagged. We are working on a solution for that. Still, we thought the quick switch link would be useful.

Thanks,
Emily

kstuebin

Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Cool! One of my pet peeves. :)

image_expo

Re: NSFW is there a checkbox to tick ?

Post Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:17 am

Hello, I wanted to publish a new photo in a gallery nsfw , but it appears on galleries page always (either hiding or showing NSFW)
is there a special checkbox in the edit page to check ?
thanks
J-F

akmc_in_au

Re: NSFW is there a checkbox to tick ?

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:18 am

image_expo wrote:Hello, I wanted to publish a new photo in a gallery nsfw , but it appears on galleries page always (either hiding or showing NSFW)
is there a special checkbox in the edit page to check ?
thanks
J-F

That's what I was saying in my post above; I thought that that was what this feature was when I first saw this thread. However as far as I can see based on Parpho's reply and my own looking around, this is not an ability to flag your own work as NSFW but rather to filter content that has been flagged as NSFW by PBase management. It seems an odd oversight; obviously there are people like yourself who are prepared to do the right thing and self-flag, but they've been given no way to do so (other than reporting themselves to PBase management for flagging).

(Though your work is a lot more artistic than the sort that actually causes a problem. A lot of the "flash it this way, luv!" brigade probably wouldn't bother.)

Emily wrote:Sometimes there will still be content that is NSFW but has not yet been flagged. We are working on a solution for that.

I would have thought that giving people the ability to self-flag would be a really easy way to solve at least a chunk of it...

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi Guys,

If you include NSFW in your gallery title, the system will automatically flag the gallery as NSFW. We will work on adding a checkbox option as well. Thanks for the ideas. They are always welcome.

Thanks,
Emily

kstuebin

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:19 pm

emily wrote:Hi Guys,

If you include NSFW in your gallery title, the system will automatically flag the gallery as NSFW. We will work on adding a checkbox option as well. Thanks for the ideas. They are always welcome.

Thanks,
Emily

Wrong. There are nudes on the first page of the popular galleries and one of them is labelled NSFW. The other two aren't. I didn't post here for years because of this although I did keep my membership up. I was really happy to see this issue solved to everyone's satisfaction. I'm not a prude but I'm not using a site where people have to look at crotch shots if they click on a link to popular galleries. They're probably thinking they're going to see some stunning scenic photos or sunsets not some woman's vajayajay. Can you fix this? Again?

image_expo

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 pm

ok thanks for answer ;)
J-F

jsb

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:49 pm

It doesn't work.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Hey Karen,

We will take a look and see why the gallery was not auto-flagged. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks,
Emily

parpho

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Hey Karen,
Did you have the hide button engaged. I just tried it and it is working fine. Even galleries not marked NSFW disappeared. Not sure if hide is the default. If not it should be.
Cheers,
Michael

kstuebin

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Thank you Emily. :D

@parpho, It's on by default. That was my understanding. It's been fixed now.

madlights

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:11 am

Thanks for a very needed and useful improvement.

Next

Board index PBase Questions and Answers NSFW