Board index PBase Questions and Answers Captions

Questions and Answers

Captions

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ti_malice

Captions

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:17 am

Could some kind and knowledgeable soul please take a look at the thumbnails of my "French Polynesia" gallery and compare it to any other of my galleries and tell me why the English captions are (1) showing and (2) not formatted (i.e. centered). Please note that the Polynesia gallery is formatted exactly as are all the other.
Many thanks,
J-J

robinlew

Re: Captions

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:34 pm

I do not know why the English caption is showing. Ordinarily, the captions do not appear with the thumbnails. I noticed, too, that the location was showing up in some of the thumbnails. My guess is that you inadvertently did something you were not aware of. That's happened to me and things get changed. I'd go back and check if the Polynesia gallery is, indeed, formatted exactly as are the others.
Robin

dw_thomas

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:40 pm

Try going to the offending gallery, click on "edit this gallery". When in the gallery editor, click the "Gallery Details" tab. Toward the bottom of that page is a section under a blue bar labeled "Advanced Gallery Settings." About six lines down in that section is "Show Captions" with a check box (and also an "Alignment" pull-down to choose where the caption goes relative to the image). I am guessing you have that box checked, and that is not what you want.

Hope that helps,
DaveT

robinlew

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:27 am

WOW! Now I've learned something. Thank you, Dave
Robin

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Captions