Board index PBase News Dashboard and Comment Management

News

Dashboard and Comment Management

hgharib

Re: Dashboard and Comment Management

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:44 pm

I find it very hard to moderate comments now. When I hover over the eye (is it an eye?) it shows an help balloon which I cannot see because it is shown outside the window. Even when I click the eye, nothing appears to happen. I am using Firefox 3.6.

Am I missing something?

enjayel

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Emily...
to make the functions in comment management easier to see, I might suggest the following:
move the date of the comment to under the Pbaser's name (you have already dedicated 2 lines for this header)
make the icons for 'reply', 'make private' and 'delete' span both lines rather than just one line..

and I notice that if I click on PM now, it grays out a bit! thanks!

cheers
nancy

imorozoff

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:15 pm

In addition to Nancy's suggestions:

Change "Make Non-Public" to a simple "Hide" and "Show".

imorozoff

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Why does it say Make Non-Public instead of just a simple Hide?
Why does it say make public instead of just Show?

When you toggle these options....
Why does it say comment will now be shown to other people instead of comment is now shown?
Who else but "other people" will be looking at pbase?

Why do the thumbnails have titles?
Why are the thumbnails AND the titles both linked to the image URL?

Why are there double-borders around the thumbnails?

Why so much real-estate being lost because of that big blue bar?

Why add a the profile thumbnail of the person who's commenting?

The KISS principle should apply on this page.

larry1dmarkiii

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Seems to work well, with one exception. There is a very long delay when calling up the mail. Hopefully there is something that can be done to speed up. Thanks for your attention.

jameswade

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:58 pm

I would like to option to set my default page to either profile or dashboard when I click on 'home' in the upper right corner. Right now when I click on 'home' it defaults to the new dashboard page. The new dashboard page is interesting but it really does not give us all that much more than what the profile page was giving. Having an option to direct the 'home' page to profile or dashboard would let people who are use to using profile use that and those that want to use the new dashboard could use dashboard as their home.
Thank you,
Jim

peterarbib

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Thanks.. Good, job, Now I can delete old comments and have better control over the site.

schutze

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:58 pm

All these contrasty stripes and blocks overwhelm the content.

It gives me a headache and makes me nauseous. It's hard to skim fast and see what I want to see.

Sorry, but it's really an annoying blast in the face without any apparant purpose to me.

All those little in-your-face icons that are on each photo page now are annoying too. They are a total distraction.

schutze

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 pm

What did you do to the image quality of the thousands of photos in my galleries?

They are all gritty and flat now, like they've been stepped on multiple times, or over compressed. It looks awful.
The colors look sickly too.

Do I have to do something to compensate for this? Do I have to reload all my photos?

If this is supposed to be a photo website, please DON'T KILL THE QUALITY OF THE PHOTOS!
There is no other reason to use your service, except to share our photos.

My presentation format is all screwed up too. Do I have to look for new CSS style templates to overcome this?

jstjohn

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:24 pm

I would like to option to set my default page to either profile or dashboard when I click on 'home' in the upper right corner. Right now when I click on 'home' it defaults to the new dashboard page. The new dashboard page is interesting but it really does not give us all that much more than what the profile page was giving. Having an option to direct the 'home' page to profile or dashboard would let people who are use to using profile use that and those that want to use the new dashboard could use dashboard as their home.

I agree with this sentiment and request for an option - I believe that it will respond to a number of comments.

Also, on my browser, Firefox 6.0, the profile page seems to have migrated leftward, hard against the edge of my screen. Have others noticed this? Can it be fixed?

schutze

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:34 pm

schutze wrote:What did you do to the image quality of the thousands of photos in my galleries?

They are all gritty and flat now, like they've been stepped on multiple times, or over compressed. It looks awful.
The colors look sickly too.

Do I have to do something to compensate for this? Do I have to reload all my photos?

If this is supposed to be a photo website, please DON'T KILL THE QUALITY OF THE PHOTOS!
There is no other reason to use your service, except to share our photos.

My presentation format is all screwed up too. Do I have to look for new CSS style templates to overcome this?

Maybe it's my computer?

Is anyone else seeing an image quality difference?

Maybe I need a new monitor?

schutze

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:38 pm

imorozoff wrote:Why does it say Make Non-Public instead of just a simple Hide?
Why does it say make public instead of just Show?

When you toggle these options....
Why does it say comment will now be shown to other people instead of comment is now shown?
Who else but "other people" will be looking at pbase?

Why do the thumbnails have titles?
Why are the thumbnails AND the titles both linked to the image URL?

Why are there double-borders around the thumbnails?

Why so much real-estate being lost because of that big blue bar?

Why add a the profile thumbnail of the person who's commenting?

The KISS principle should apply on this page.

Important desiqn questions.

schutze

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Is there some functional reason for all this new coding that underlies the mish-mash that now hits us in the face?

I'm trying to understand why we have to adapt to this, or what we have to do to streamline and simplify our portfolios.

How can we get rid of unnecessary distractions?

Do our pages load faster? Is it easier to skim and manage comments or photos?

dansudbury

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:10 pm

I like it! Thanks!! :)

schutze

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:13 am

*APOLOGIES TO EMILY*

I meant no disrespect, and I know how hard you work.

Maybe there are lots of good things to come in the Dashboard.

My vote is for simplicity and functionality.

Good luck and best wishes from San Diego :)

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News Dashboard and Comment Management