Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns

News

PBase Statistics page returns

vogelzang

Re: PBase Statistics page returns

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Looks very nice. Firefox 32bit 3.5.5 with Vista x64.

Question: Are pageviews counted when one is logged in?

mwhabib

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:43 pm

The new presentation is really interesting.
Good work. :wink:
Marwan Habib

imorozoff

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:46 pm

I'd prefer to have the images display on the left or right side of the page, with the bar graph adjacent to it.
That would be a better use of the available space and would eliminate excessive scrolling.
Thank you for this consideration.

larsjohnsson

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:57 pm

How can the statistics show a lot of clicks on the days that Pbase was down ???

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:23 pm

larsjohnsson wrote:How can the statistics show a lot of clicks on the days that Pbase was down ???

Surprised it took this long for someone to ask that. I'd make a joke and say that we just made up all the numbers, but someone might take me seriously.
It's because the webservers were still up and running. Direct linking was still functioning.
The pages were not being displayed properly (understatement) but requests were still coming in from search engines or other websites or bots.

A couple people mentioned a problem with layout where the bar graph is being displayed below the list of images. This is not intentional, but a problem with the stylesheet. We'll find a fix for that.

-slug

paninic

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Excellent Slug. Good work ! Thanks to Emily too and all the the staff !

photographieur

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:55 pm

Excellent work ! Works great, here, with XP SP3 and Firefox 3.5.5

Welcome back, great PBase !

larsjohnsson

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:59 pm

slug wrote:
larsjohnsson wrote:How can the statistics show a lot of clicks on the days that Pbase was down ???

Surprised it took this long for someone to ask that. I'd make a joke and say that we just made up all the numbers, but someone might take me seriously.
It's because the webservers were still up and running. Direct linking was still functioning.
The pages were not being displayed properly (understatement) but requests were still coming in from search engines or other websites or bots.

A couple people mentioned a problem with layout where the bar graph is being displayed below the list of images. This is not intentional, but a problem with the stylesheet. We'll find a fix for that.

-slug

Slug, I get that. But I must say that I still think it's rather strange that I have more clicks on some of those days that Pbase was down, than nearly every day that Pbase was working :)

i_fly

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:12 pm

larsjohnsson wrote:
slug wrote:

-slug

Slug, I get that. But I must say that I still think it's rather strange that I have more clicks on some of those days that Pbase was down, than nearly every day that Pbase was working :)

Might be because people were coming repeatedly back, trying and trying, and trying, and trying.............( and we all know the rest :-)

reiles

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:48 pm

What do you mean. I see no stats returning on my galleries :!:

nkirby
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:10 pm

reiles wrote:What do you mean. I see no stats returning on my galleries :!:

The counter has not returned to gallery pages quite yet. This thread is only referencing the specific hitcounts pages that normally are at stats.pbase.com.

william_moss_photography

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm glad they're back. The layout could definately be more efficient. The blue bar make seeing the numbers difficult.

Thanks.

lancemoreland

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:24 pm

reiles wrote:What do you mean. I see no stats returning on my galleries :!:

Go here while you are logged in to your account.

http://www.pbase.com/stats/

amirko

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Can it be lighter shade of grey, like here:

?

floradoragirl

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Great stuff - it looks good to me. :-)
Rosie

See what I've seen...