Board index PBase News Paging on Comments Page

News

Paging on Comments Page

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:30 pm

Hey Guys,

I got that bug fixed - sorry about that.
While I was at it, I added the newer / older links to the bottom of the page as well.

Thanks,
Emily

reflectionsbyruth

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:49 pm

Great job Emily, thanks for the added feature :)
You can slap me now, but I have a suggestion to add to the newly added feature.

I'm sure many people have so many comments that it would take quite a few times hitting the link "older comments" to get to the very first comments ever made.

Maybe next time you have a chance to update, is it possible to put page numbers?

i.e., pg1 would have 2wks of older comments similar to what it has now,
p2 the same amount of comments

the highest page number on the users page, say 15, would be the one that they can see the very first page of comments.
That way users could pic a page to go directly to instead of hitting older comments so many times :D

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:30 pm

Hey,

I'll see if I can come up with anything for actual page numbers. We didn't do it that way this time because it would involve more queries to the database and would make the comment pages load slowly.

For now, if you click the "older comments" link, you'll see that the URL has a date in it. You can edit that date to be whatever you want to quickly jump back (or forward) in time.

ex: If you want to view comments before 03-JUL-2002, just change the URL to: http://www.pbase.com/comments?max=03-JUL-2002

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Emily

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:42 pm

I just added links to the comments pages for "newest comments" and "oldest comments". These will allow you to quickly jump from any comments page to your most recent comments page or your oldest one.
This should save some clicking if you want to view your first comments.

-Emily

reflectionsbyruth

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:05 pm

Thanks Emily, Great tip and update :D
Now I figured out the very first person to make a comment on my PBase galley since joining in August.
Its Kevin who just happens to live 5 miles from me lol

reflectionsbyruth

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:08 pm

hmm I didnt notice ths until now. I made a typo on the last post
and went in to edit my post and the edit option is gone?
Did it move someplace else on the page that I'm missing?

mess131

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:24 am

Tks Emily, works perfectly now, problem gone...

8) 8)

andrys

Re: Paging on Comments Page

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:35 am

emily wrote:Hey Guys,

We have just added paging to the comments pages.
If you have 100 or fewer comments, they will all be on one page.

Enjoy!
-Emily

At 10:30pm I just saw the "older ... oldest" after reading the initial
announcement and srijith's comment and I sure ECHO what he said.

"On a roll," indeed. Great to see the activity, interaction, and
great new feature (and the fact you actually heard our big
request here).

Thanks, this is just terrific !

ronhrl

Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:32 pm

A very useful addition; thank you!

dougj

Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:37 pm

Nice feature, thanks Emily.

tremont

Post Thu May 11, 2006 5:21 pm

i like the new comment managment feature much.

what would make it much better is if one could "batch" edit them. i'm getting about 15 spam messages a day now and i have it at the moderate mode.
it would be awesome if you could choose the spam messages then hit delete instead of deleting them one by one while you wait for the page to reload.

thank-you.

lou

thresholdprod

Post Thu May 11, 2006 6:41 pm

What would better is a batch delete and a delete as spam options so the comment and its ip can be saved for a ban file for pbase.
Bill Freeman
"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but usually consumes the bandwidth of more than two thousand." --Gym Quirk
Many great words of wisdom and advice http://www.pbase.com/help http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

lagavulin

"No Comments During this Time Period"

Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:34 pm

What does it mean when I click on the Comment link on my Profile page, and get the subject message, rather than a listing of my comments? When I check my individual galleries, I see the comments still there, but no longer are any listed on the Comment Management page. I have hundreds of galleries and rely on that Comments page to track and respond to them.

djwixx

Number of comments per page

Post Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:13 pm

When viewing comments, would it be possible to have an option to select the number of comments to view on a page ranging from X-ALL? I know I page through the comments to review them, and sometimes find information that people have left. With the new system I have to page through page by page to get to the one I want. Previous I could look at them all and find the one I want on one page.

Another rely useful option would be to sort the comments by WHO, IMAGE/GALLERY, DATE, PRIVATE Etc.

Toggling off thumbnails would also make the page load quicker, if you are referencing pictures by name date etc.

Thanks.

Previous

Board index PBase News Paging on Comments Page