News

Paging on Comments Page

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Paging on Comments Page

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:52 am

Hey Guys,

We have just added paging to the comments pages.
If you have 100 or fewer comments, they will all be on one page.

Enjoy!
-Emily

srijith

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:07 am

Yey! You guys are on a roll! Keep it up and thanks!

hmetal

Excellent!

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:38 am

I noticed it as soon as I looked at my comments today.

Great job!
Ray A. Akey
http://luminescentmemories.com - Luminescent Memories Photography
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmetal - My Flickr
http://www.pbase.com/hmetal/pad - My PAD
http://codemain.com - A small portfolio

robertwhite

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:11 am

Well done --- great addition
Thank you

clickaway

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:36 am

Thank You, Emily!

A very useful feature.

ray

arjunrc

Re: Paging on Comments Page

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:05 pm

Ahhh Nostalgia... I found my very first comment !
When you said 'it is next on my list' I never thought it would show up this soon - thanks :-)

A suggestion: Would you please put the comment navigation bar at the bottom of the screen _in_addition_ to the top ? Most people will scroll down a 100 then have to scroll up again for the next set.

regds
arjun

emily wrote:Hey Guys,

We have just added paging to the comments pages.
If you have 100 or fewer comments, they will all be on one page.

Enjoy!
-Emily

leggings

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:38 pm

Thanks this is cool. :D

mess131

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:42 pm

Hello,

I get these error messages when trying to view my "Comment Management":

select comments failed L144 ORA-01847: day of month must be between 1 and last day of month (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 238 in 'SELECT c.code,c.id,c.comment_id,c.owner_id, to_char(c.creation_date,'DD-Mon-YYYY HH24:MI:SS'), c.poster_id, c.guest_name,c.guest_email, c.private_flag,c.display_flag, c.message FROM comments c WHERE owner_id = :p1 AND c.creation_date <= :<*>p2 AND c.creation_date > :p3 ORDER BY c.creation_date DESC ')
14-Jan-2006

or

select comments failed L144 ORA-01847: day of month must be between 1 and last day of month (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute)
14-Jan-2006

Any clue why i can't access the page..?
Tks in advance,
MESS

murphdj

Comment page errors

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:02 pm

Hi,

I've also been seeing the following error since this change has been applied and can no longer view any comments...

select comments failed L144 ORA-01847: day of month must be between 1 and last day of month (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 238 in 'SELECT c.code,c.id,c.comment_id,c.owner_id, to_char(c.creation_date,'DD-Mon-YYYY HH24:MI:SS'), c.poster_id, c.guest_name,c.guest_email, c.private_flag,c.display_flag, c.message FROM comments c WHERE owner_id = :p1 AND c.creation_date <= :<*>p2 AND c.creation_date > :p3 ORDER BY c.creation_date DESC ')
07-Sep-2005
No comments during this time period.

Regards,
Darren

dang

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:11 pm

It's working great here, and so is the forum. Thanks!

sdroberts

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:13 pm

You may want to check your "to_date" functions. Not conclusive but just a thought for a place to start...from an Oracle DBA.

sdroberts

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:15 pm

sdroberts wrote:You may want to check your "to_date" functions. Not conclusive but just a thought for a place to start...from an Oracle DBA.

Sorry, that was directed to the pBase folks, not something we members can do

pinemikey

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:53 pm

As of 9:00 central it seems to be working just fine. I hardly browse through my comments anyway, but it was nice to go back to the first few.

plbh

Need 'oldest' link; oldest comments missing

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:14 pm

Nice improvement! But...

Instead of just 'newer' and 'older' links, it would be useful to have a link to jump to the oldest comments without having to page through month after month. Direct links to several surrounding pages would be even more convenient.

Bug: When I did go back as far as possible, there was a label for 'oldest comments' in place of the 'older comments' link, but it didn't go anywhere. All my oldest comments (from 2004) were inaccessible until I manually edited the URL.

glassgarden

comment management page error messages

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:36 pm

Hello,

I am also experiencing the inability to access my "comment management" page and receive the following error messages:

23-May-2004
No comments during this time period.

and...

select comments failed L144 ORA-01847: day of month must be between 1 and last day of month (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute)
23-May-2004

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bonnie

Next

Board index PBase News Paging on Comments Page