Forum Upgrade

halesr

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:32 pm

OOPS! Where is the edit button?--Rene

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:08 pm

I am aware of the problem with phpBB not seeing you as being logged in until you reload the page. I am working on that right now.
The edit button problem may be related to this other issue.

Thanks,
Emily

djwixx

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:31 pm

Thanks for all the work.

The only issue I can, which is probably covered by previous responses is when entering the forum page the links below do not show up unless you refresh,

View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts

Thanks again.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:46 pm

I think we got things straightened out. If you're still experiencing problems, please let me know the details.

Thanks,
Emily

djwixx

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:47 pm

I just clicked on forum and it showed me logged in with the link options.

THANKS.

djwixx

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:57 pm

The only (vague) issue I can see is, when clicking from various links at the top of the forum page you get the message below. A short wait resolves the issue, but it didn't happen previously.

"You cannot make another search so soon after your last; please try again in a short while."

djwixx

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:59 pm

The edit option seems to have disappeared. I was going to add that 5 seconds seems to be the wait time, to my previous post.

halesr

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:29 am

Well, the view posts since last visit seems to work. BUT now, if I go to one of the links and use the back button to go look at the rest of the ones not visited they are gone. It say nothing meets my criteria.

Sorry, but I use this feature ALL the time. When I go to the forum, I always first click view posts since previous visit. Then, I go to the ones I am interested in one at a time using the back button in between. Hope this can be fixed to work like it used to.

Thanks,--Rene

halesr

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:41 am

If I use the "View posts since last visit" link, I get a list. If I use any of these links, and then try to use the back arrow to access the list again so that I can read all. I get a message saying "No topics or posts met your search criteria". This renders this feature nearly useless. Can you put this back to the way it used to work? Thanks, Rene

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:20 am

I'll check out the problem with "view posts since last visit" and the missing "edit" link on posts.

-Emily

bobt54

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:51 pm

The black border adds a nice touch to ALL THE RED X's. ::groan::

halesr

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:27 am

Emily. thanks!!! I think the view since last visit problem has been fixed. It is working great this morning.--Rene

halesr

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:35 am

Oops!!! View since last suddenly is not working again if I try to come back to it using the back button.

How about fixing the Notify me when a reply is posted thing while you are doing all the fixes.

Or, put it back the way it was.--Rene

halesr

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:49 pm

Could we possibly revert to the previous version of the forum. All I can see that we got from the new version is a change in the color of the backgrounds and black lines around images. Neither of these were important to me.

What we lost:
Edit button
Ability to view posts since last visit and keep returning to the list until we have read everything that we had not previously visited. This works at best intermittently and sometimes not at all.
We still don't get notified when we are watching a topic.

I must say I think this change is a giant step backwards especially in the area of functionality.

Rene

srijith

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:34 am

A lot of improvements like security fixes (phpBB is one of the most exploited web software) is not readily visible to a user.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News Forum Upgrade