Board index Equipment Printers EPSON PHOTO R300 PRINTING PROB

Printers

EPSON PHOTO R300 PRINTING PROB

bumbellina

EPSON PHOTO R300 PRINTING PROB

Post Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:12 pm

My printer quality was not good so I did the clean nozzle option and then the confirmation that it had worked but despite cleaning several times the printout is always missing the second (darker blue) lines. Anything else I can try?

jcambece

Re: EPSON PHOTO R300 PRINTING PROB

Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:26 pm

bumbellina wrote:My printer quality was not good so I did the clean nozzle option and then the confirmation that it had worked but despite cleaning several times the printout is always missing the second (darker blue) lines. Anything else I can try?

How long ago did you buy it? If its new return it if its older remove the cartridge and clean the area where the ink comes out of (that gets messy don’t do it in a suit) I think sometimes what happens with the cartridges is that the ink dries around the nozzle and makes it stick, so try that i work for a law firm and we print on a r320 the same thing happend and it worked after we cleaned it out.

Cambece
J.A. Cambece

rogermabon

Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:22 pm

Did you shake your cartridges before you installed them and are these OEM cartridges?

samsite999

Post Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:20 pm

Do a google for SSC utility and run a "powerfull" head clean a couple of times, this will eat your ink but hopfully unblock it, try it 3 times and power off and on, if its still not working it looks like there is air or somthing more nasty in there, pass it to epson, they should do a warinty repare as long as you say ur using gen inks and have a spare gen ink to read off the top of because that a old trick of getting a customer to trip up with the inks

websnail

Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:06 pm

rogermabon wrote:Did you shake your cartridges before you installed them and are these OEM cartridges?

I'm with Roger on this...

You could have a cartridge that has any number of the following problems.
- air bubble in exit port (blocking ink flow)
- ink leaked out leaving an empty cart
- incompatible ink type that reacted badly with the ink already in the printhead
- etc...

Sometimes it's worth installing a new cart just to check it's not the old one...

Board index Equipment Printers EPSON PHOTO R300 PRINTING PROB