Board index Photography Artistic Questions Photo Illustration & Digital Art

Artistic Questions

Photo Illustration & Digital Art

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
cheryl

Photo Illustration & Digital Art

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:30 pm

Hello :)

I'm a digital painter/amateur photographer with a gallery here at pbase. I often visit 'Show and Tell' to view the work, but seldom show my own because mine isn't exactly photography, only based on my photographs.
I've seen PS worked images here, but not painted ones.

I'm wondering; is it appropriate to show my work in S&T? And if not, have there ever been any discussions about creating a subforum for Photo Illustration and Digital Art?

Thanks,
Cheryl

ernst

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:14 am

Cheryl,
As you say, there aren't many artists here on Pbase that show art work that isn't at least partially captured by a camera. But I don't see how one could object for you to show them in the S&T forum.
I never thought of looking for original digital art here at Pbase, but maybe I am just too much focused on photography...

I just went through your cityscape gallery and you have some beautiful works on show that deserve a wider audience!

andrys

Re: Photo Illustration & Digital Art

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:46 am

cheryl wrote:Hello :)

I'm a digital painter/amateur photographer with a gallery here at pbase. I often visit 'Show and Tell' to view the work, but seldom show my own because mine isn't exactly photography, only based on my photographs.
I've seen PS worked images here, but not painted ones.

I'm wondering; is it appropriate to show my work in S&T?

I don't see why it wouldn't be appropriate. Your final product is
based on your photographs. And they're very interesting images!

I also like some of your title descriptions.

cheryl

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:57 pm

Ernst and Andrys... thanks so much for your generous encouragement. I'll be seeing you out there! :)

Cheryl

Board index Photography Artistic Questions Photo Illustration & Digital Art